BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Conditional Display Based on Group Membership or Group Admin Status

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Known-Admin on #48554

Hello,

I’m frustrated. I’ve been searching and searching and cannot find an answer. I currently use several BuddyDev plugins.

I AM NOT A CODER. I use Elementor as my page builder and want a solution that would place a display condition on a button, image, section, etc.

For example, I need the ability to conditionally display a button that gives access to the GROUP’s MEMBER List. The button works properly. However, if the user is not a member of the group, they navigate to the 404 page, which is appropriate. But I would rather they not see the button and remove the confusion of seeing the 404 page.

Here are the Display Conditions I would like to implement:
    * Display if the user is a MEMBER OF THIS GROUP.
    * Display if the user is a GROUP ADMIN of this group.
    * Display if the user is a GROUP ADMIN of ANY group.

Do you know of any shortcodes, widgets, or plugins that will help me? I would prefer the most lightweight solution possible that will work with Elementor (even a paid solution).

NOTE: I currently have the Visibility Logic for Elementor plugin to create conditional displays for GUESTS and LOGGED-IN users. But as far as I can tell, it will not allow me to create conditions using BuddyPress metadata – just user metadata.

Best Regards,
    NoNAdmin

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Known-Admin.
  • Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Known-Admin on #48557

Hello,

I should have mentioned that I’m using the following BuddyDev plugins to create the page/section so that the page appears in the Group:

* BuddyPress Group Tabs Creator Pro
    * BuddyPress Dynamic Group Tab Content

The button appears in the section template placed in the Group Tab.

Thanks, NoNAdmin

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved