BuddyDev

Search

Conditional Fields not saving when using built in Member Type

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Brett on #6149

Brajesh,

I have recently removed the Member Type Xprofile plugin and use the inbuilt Member Type for BuddyPress, and have found the following issues with your plugin when this is the case.

When using Member Type as the field for the conditions, it uses the slug to match if it should be displayed or hidden. When the plugin is checking to save items, it uses the label of the member type and tries to compare it to the slug, which fails and then fails the check, making it delete the information.
    I changed my Member Type label, and slug, so they could be matched via pregreplace and strtolower, which I ended up putting in the is_match function just for that member type string (removing the special characters and making it match the case of the slug). Are you able to look into this, as your plugin is now trying to compare two things that are very unlikely to ever match.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6161

Hi Brett,
    I am sorry, as far as I see BuddyPress does not have any member type xprofile field.

As of the plugin, The plugin does compare with label, as a fallback measure for unknown fields. Member type is not a native field and not supported in this plugin. I will add support for member type field today/tomorrow.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Brett on #6165

Thanks Brajesh. It had been working until recently, then again the label and the slug were the same (other than the label had capitilisation).
    Sounds like I had been lucky until now that it had been working without issues
    Let me know when you have updated, and I can test on my site.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6168

Thank you Brett. Will surely do.

• Participant
    Dennis on #7658

Any updates on this?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved