BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Conditional Profile Fields for BuddyPress – Fields still showing up in BuddyBoss

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47008

Hi Peter,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

The plugin is not supported for BuddyBoss by us.
    Still, the plugin should normally work except for their repeater field.

Please check if you have condition on repeater field or something else is causing issue.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    teacherpete on #47015

Hello Brajesh,

Thanks for getting back to me quickly.

The problem is half-fixed. It was that I hadn’t selected “Profile Type = Users with No Profile Type”. Because technically, these are new users, so the logic wasn’t applying to them in the profile registration page (before they had registered).

However, the problem still persists that when “Profile Type” is selected, it kills the conditional logic, and the fields stop showing conditionally. I’ve made a quick Loom video to define the exact problem: https://www.loom.com/share/8e8eec25dcb54c998bd6ea2c122ef21e

Here is also an image of my profile settings – https://ibb.co/LR44h36
    Here is an image of my settings for the Profile Type field – https://ibb.co/M96Lb2C

It seems like this is a bug rather than a problem with the settings, so hopefully this helps to resolve it.

Kind regards,
    Peter

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47028

Hi Peter,
    That could be an issue.

The profile type limits the scope of fields and this plugin might not be understanding that. We can update it but this will take some time as we already have our schedule for this week and next week, we will be low on manpower due to Diwali(festival) here.

I will try to work on it early next month. Probably this will need a rewrite to help plugin understand member type based scopes. Sorry for the delay on this.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    teacherpete on #47032

Hi Brajesh!

I almost forgot. Happy Diwali! I celebrated the festival in India in 2014. I spent 3-months in India on my 25th birthday. These were the best memories of my life! I spent Diwali in Udaipur, and then Dep Diwali in Varanasi. Catching overnight trains to Bundi and Pushkar in between! I absolutely loved the celebration in India, and I can’t wait to come back. Have a great time!

Don’t worry about the delay at all. Thanks very much for your support, and advising to re-code that part of the plugin logic. It will be great to have this working. Then, I’ll be able to let different Profile Types sign up with different field choices.

Just so I have a rough timeframe, do you think it will be roughly around early November? I’ll focus on other areas of my site, and put the registration process to the side, for now, until this is released. And I’ll test it for you once ready!

I’ll be recommending BuddyDev everywhere, and leaving lots of 5-star reviews. 🙂👍

Kind regards,
    Peter

• Participant
    teacherpete on #47033

P.S. When I try to upload a picture to the Image field type of BuddyPress XProfile Field Types, it says “Specified file failed upload test.”.

Do you have any ideas what might be causing this? If I need to open a new thread, that’s ok. 👌

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47042

Hi Peter,
    Thank you.
    It’s wonderful to know that you have been to India around Diwali. It’s one of the most amazing festival we have here.

I hope you enjoyed your stay here.

Yes, the plugin will be available in early November.

1. The issue with xprofile upload seems to be your wp-content/upload is not being writable/readable. It is thrown by WordPress when we ask it to handle the upload but the upload file is not readable.

Please check uploads directory and its permissions.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    teacherpete on #47046

Thanks Brajesh!

I will look out for it. Please let me know here when it’s ready 🙂

Also I’ve noticed that in the X Profile Field Types, we need the ability to select “0 years ago” in the Relative Range for the “Date” field. This is because if a student for example is adding their Graduation Date for 2022, then they will need to enter 2022. But because the minimum is “1 year ago”, we can only choose a date that’s in the past (such as 2021, 2020, etc.).

Otherwise, if we select the “Absolute” range, then we will have to go into every single profile field and update this on January 1st every year to include the latest year. It’s tedious, and dangerous to edit so many fields this often! I hope we can add the ability to include “this year” or “the current year” in the relative choices in a “date” field. 😁

This means that a job experience could be entered from 2022, for example. Or if someone graduated from university in 2022, they could add it, etc. etc.

Thanks very much! I hope it’s helpful feedback.

Enjoy your celebration and Happy Diwali! 🪔🎆🎇🇮🇳

Kind regards,
    Peter

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47081

Hi Peter,
    Thank you for the Diwali wishes.

Are you using the “Age” field type or are you using the default BuddyPress/BuddyBoss date field type? Please let me know and I will assist.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    teacherpete on #47092

Hi Brajesh,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I hope you had a great weekend! The fields I’m referring to are the “Date” fields, not the “Age” ones. Is this a standard BuddyPress field type? 😖

I need the “Date” field to be relative, because the nearest relative time in the past is “1 year ago”. Therefore, if somebody graduated in 2022, then they wouldn’t be able to choose this date. The earliest they could select would be October 26th 2021 (1-year ago).

Does that make sense? I hope it’s clear.

Kind regards,
    Peter

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Conditional Profile Fields for BuddyPress – Fields still showing up in BuddyBoss’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved