BuddyDev

Search

Conditional Profile Fields for BuddyPress – ID’s change upon addition of item

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Bob on #38663

Hi All,

I’m using the Conditional Profile Fields for BuddyPress plugin, and am in the process of building a rather elaborate 4 tier conditional system. I’ve noticed that if I add any item to a top tier, that it completely changes the ID’s of the tiers above; which consequentially breaks the conditional logic of EVERYTHING under it.

I have hundreds of options in my system, but here is a simpler way of describing what’s going on:

Tier 1 (Group ID = 1):
    Choices: A, B, C, D

Tier 2 (Group ID = 6):
    Choices: E, F, G, H (conditionally shows if choice = A / Group ID 1)

Tier 3 (Group ID = 10)
    Choices: I, J, K, L (conditionally shows if choice = E / Group ID 6)

Tier 4 (Group ID = 14)
    Choices: M, N, O P (conditionally shows if choice = I / Group ID 10)

* The problem is, if I add a new option into Tier 1, the Group ID will then change from ID 1 to ID 15; which then breaks functionality of Tier 2. Then I have to update Tier 2 to conditionally show if choice = A15, which then breaks functionality of Tier 3, etc through every tier.

My big questions:

How can I add options to a field without changing the group ID???

Thanks for any clarification here.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #38669

Hi Bob,
    Thank you for using the plugin.
    I am sorry, using field id was an unfortunate choice by us. It has made the plugin useless for multi field conditions.

I will need couple of weeks(hopefully 4-6 weeks) as I have just recovered from covid and still lacking strength. Will be rewriting the whole plugin to work with values instead.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Bob on #38921

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you for the reply. I’m sorry to hear about your experience with covid. I hope that you’re well on your way to a full recovery.

Kindly let me know if you are still planing on rebuilding the plugin, and if so, would that be something that I can install and import my current data into it? Or would I have to rebuild my system from scratch?

In gratitude,

Bob

• Participant
    Bob on #38978

@Brajesh Singh ?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #38981

Hi Bob,
    I am sorry, I did not reply earlier.

Yes, I am still planning to rewrite it. It may not work for existing multi fields based condition as we are moving from the field id to values. Other than that, everything else will work.

I will try to implement an upgrader for the existing multi fields based condition but I am unable to guarantee it it currently.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Bob on #39040

Thank you for the reply! I have a client project that is dependent on the functionality of this plugin. Would you perhaps have an estimated ETA as to when the new plugin will be finished?

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39078

Hi Bob,
    Thank you for the reply.

I am sorry, I am unable to provide an ETA. We are in the process of resetting our priorities and this plugin is not a priority(It will need rewrite and will take time, so we are focusing on more valuable plugins first).

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Bob on #40777

Hello,

Just touching base to see if this plugin has been updated, or if not, if there is a current ETA on the rebuild?

Thanks

• Participant
    Bob on #41106

…Hello?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41111

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the replies.
    We are hoping to have a release around BuddyPress 10.0.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved