BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Conditional profile fields for buddypress: some titles not showing

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Chanel on #50554

Hi there,

I’m using conditional profile fields and buddyboss, it’s working fine for the most part. However, I’ve noticed some field titles are not being displayed above the dropdown lists. I also noticed that when I import users with a csv (https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/import-users-from-csv-with-meta/) the gender and certain other fields are not being imported. Could you pls point me in a direction towards fixing these issues?

Kind regards,
    Chanel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50558

Hi Chanel,
    Thank you for reporting the issue.

I am sorry, we are unable to update the plugin for BuddyBoss theme as we lack access to it currently.

Also, Please let me know if the devloper of import/export want us to do something. Our fields are exactly like the default BuddyPress fields(storing data in BuddyPress xprofile/xprofile meta fields), so I am not sure why it won’t export/import.

Please let me know if they recommend any edit to allow exporting/importing and we will.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chanel on #50571

Hi Brajesh, thanks for replying swiftly, as you always do! I was able to figure out that the alternate title for the conditional fields that where not being displayed was the issue.

I’m currently discussing the issue of fields not being imported with the author of the other plugin as there seem to be some hickups there after they updated their plugin a few days ago. Members imported with their plugin are now unable to update their profile from the front end because it’s displaying an error: username has already been taken. It may have something to do with xprofile fields as they are able to update the extended profile section. As soon as I have more info, I’ll be sure to update here as well.

Kind regards,
    Chanel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50586

Hi Chanel,
    Thank you.

Please keep me posted of the updates. I sincerely appreciate it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chanel on #52246

Just a quick update on the import issue, there where extra fields being created (for username and email) and displayed on the edit-user page upon importing a file. I was able to turn that off in their plugin and after that all was fixed.

Best regards,
    Chanel

• Participant
    Chanel on #52247

I have yet another question about xprofile fields though, I noticed the birthdate selector was recently updated. After that the members age stopped being displayed upon import. What meta key should I use for the column? I’ve tried age but that doesn’t seem to work.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52251

Hi,
    We are not storing any meta data for user.

We do store some meta values for field. You can visit Edit field in the Admin screen to update these values. Please ensure that “Show Age” is checked/enabled.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved