BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Conflict of BP Moderation Tools with BP Activity Social Share by Wbcom Designs

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Princy Cromacio on #41432

Hi,
    I Noticed Conflict of Buddypress Moderation Tools with Buddypress Activity Social Share.
    Recently, I Installed Buddypress Activity Social Share but Nothing Was Seen in Frontend.
    When I Tried Debugging The Issue, I Found Out that the Conflict Was Due to BP Moderation Tools.

Surprisingly, After Reactivating Social Share, Only Social Share Buttons Were Seen And There Were No Button For Reporting Activity.
    Currently, I’m Using BP Moderation Tools with Activity Reporting Disabled, And It’s Working Fine.

Hope to Get A Solution For This 🙂
    Cheers,
    Cromacio

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41442

Hi Cromacio,
    Thank you for using the plugins.

Please allow me to assist you early next week as we are away from work due to Diwali holidays.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Princy Cromacio on #41453

Sure, No Issues At All
    Btw, Happy Diwali Brajesh🙂

Cheers, Cromacio

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41472

Hi Cromacio,
    Thank you.

Happy belated Diwali 🙂

I have looked into the plugin and the problem originated due to a mismatched tag closure by the Activity social share plugin.

In class-bp-activity-social-share.php(like 142), the </div> is not needed as the first div is closed near the bottom of the function too.

Even a simpler solution is to change the position of the share button. In that case the mismatched tag will not affect reporting.

You can change this

add_action( 'bp_activity_entry_meta', array( $this, 'bp_share_activity_filter' ) );

to

add_action( 'bp_activity_entry_meta', array( $this, 'bp_share_activity_filter' ), 110 );

or something on that line or just remove the extra </div>

Please let me know if that works or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Princy Cromacio on #41493

Hi,
    Thanks For This.

I Removed the Extra Closure of Div Tag on Multidev and It Worked Perfect.
    I do No Longer Need Activity Social Share Plugin in My Live Environment, As I Already Added Sharing Options Directly to Theme without any Plugin Interference.

Hope This Will Help Others 🙂
    Cromacio

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41514

Hi Cromacio,
    Thank you.

I hope it certainly helps others 🙂

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Conflict of BP Moderation Tools with BP Activity Social Share by Wbcom Designs’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved