BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Conflict with Ocean WP? Activity feed won't upload after update

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Kir on #25018

Hi
    Has anyone experienced similar, or have ideas about how can we fix this please:

I’m using the latest WP, BP and plugin installations. I recently logged in to work on my site after a while and updated everything, and now the media press upload from activity doesn’t work.

I am allowing users to upload via mediapress n the front end, in activity – the icons to add image / audio / video aren’t there until I put my cursor in the post box to type an update, then they appear.

Then, when I click the icons nothing happens, although bottom left when I hover the cursor over image upload I see my bp user url with a # appended.

If I click the image upload bottom left I see a link to my bp user url/gallery (I changed name to gallery).

I inspected in Chrome and in the console see this error:

The error says:
    Uncaught TypeError $ is not a function
    at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (mpp.js?ver=5.2.2:161)
    at HTMLDOcumentDispatch (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:3)
    at HTMLDOcument.r.handle (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:3)

(anonymous) @ mpp.js?ver=5.2.2:161
    dispatch @ jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:3
    r.handle @ jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:3

Has anyone experienced similar, or does anyone have any ideas about how can we fix this please?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25021

Hi Kir,
    I am sorry for the trouble. We noted the issue 3 days ago and fixed it. It was a bug on our side.
    https://github.com/buddydev/mediapress/commit/2ee09eb8d69a3e27220e7c4b134efe32bcc7d932

I will push a release by tomorrow as need to cleanup a few things.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kir on #25023

Hi thank you for your reply, I pasted in the updated code, removing the old code, but I still have the same issue, have I missed something?
    Kind thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25024

Please try clearing cache if any.

• Participant
    Kir on #25025

I cleared my browser cache, I searched line removed, replaced with new line then re-uploaded into plugin file in js, the same error shows for me in the browser. I don’t have anything else caching. I’m scratching my head as to what it could be…

• Participant
    Kir on #25026

It’s working! For some reason deleting browser cache didn’t work so I rebooted
    Thank you!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25078

No issues. Thank you for confirming.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Conflict with Ocean WP? Activity feed won't upload after update’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved