BuddyDev

Search

continue reading / mediapress / Activity ShortCode

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Philippe on #28345

Hi there,

I’m using the theme woffice, BuddyPress nouveau, BuddyPress Activity ShortCode and Mediapress. All are in the newest available version.

When a longer post with images attached is displayed within BuddyPress Activity ShortCode, it creates a «continue reading» link. This link should lead to the post within the group or simply to the post itself.

Instead it currently links to the media gallery the images of the post are part of.

See sample images here:
    https://pasteboard.co/J0qVfCE.jpg

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28347

Hi Philippe,
    Thank you for the topic.

This is by design in MediaPress( we link activity permalink to the gallery/media page).
    I will remove it in the next version and that will make it normal for all existing activity too.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Philippe on #28356

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you for changing that.

Regards
    Philippe

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28366

You are welcome.

• Participant
    Philippe on #29200

Hey Brajesh,

Do you have a temporary fix for this?
    We often have posts with images within shortcode activity and people get confused when being linked to the gallery instead of the post.

• Participant
    Philippe on #29203

I realised that when somebody posts a long post in a group, with an image attached, the «continue reading» link will make the image disappear.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29204

Hi Philippe,
    That is a very much theme specific feature.

For example, we gave an option in Community Builder Pro to disable this for long activities.

The only fix needed from our end is the activity permalink should lead to activity not to the media/gallery.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Philippe on #29207

Hi Brajesh,

I see. Would it also be possible to limit the amount of characters that can be written?

• Participant
    Philippe on #30616

«The only fix needed from our end is the activity permalink should lead to activity not to the media/gallery.»

Any news on that?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30619

Hi Philippe,
    I think I have already committed some code for this. I will check and push a release this weekend for MedaiPress.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved