BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Create a profile type buddy boss

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    KamelBlua on #38605

Hello, I wanted to know if it is possible to create a profile via a function of BuddyPress or buddyboss, please.

I have tested this function https://codex.buddypress.org/developer/member-types/ , but it does not work.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #38606

Hi,
    Thank you for the question.
    Both of the plugin allows you to register via function. You find some detaisl here.
    https://buddydev.com/using-buddypress-member-types-api-like-a-pro-introduction/

Also, now, these 2 plugins allow you to create the member type/profile type from dashboard without touching code too.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    KamelBlua on #38610

Hello, thank you for your answer,

Actually, I have an idea to create dynamic member types, I would like to avoid typing all my member types by hand.

The problem is that the bp_register_member_type function doesn’t work when I add it in the function.php file of the theme, because I had tested also in bp-custom.php in wp-content/plugin, it makes the site crash with a fatal error.

Each user has a company and I wanted to make a small dynamic code to create a “member type” with the name of the company and assign it to this member type.

Cordialy.

• Participant
    KamelBlua on #38611

I managed to get the method to work, I have my “Member Type” in Extended profile of a user, but it doesn’t show up in wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=bp-member-type, is this normal?

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #38623

Hello,

Thank you for the acknowledgment. The page you are referring to comes with the BuddyPress Member Type Pro plugin. Your registered member types can be found under ‘wp-admin/edit-tags.php?taxonomy=bp_member_type’ check it.

Regards
    Ravi

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #38624

Hello,

Please ignore my last message as I thought you were using BuddyPress. BuddyBoss uses post type for registering member types. But with manual registration member types register as taxonomy term, This is the reason it is not showing on that page.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    KamelBlua on #38654

Thanks, now I see, but it’s a problem how can I tell him who to show in the “Types” filter of the members directory?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #38656

Hello,

Yes, That is a problem with this approach. Please contact BuddyBoss, If they can help you with this issue.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    KamelBlua on #38906

I’m coming back to you, to say that I’ve solved the problem, I’ve programmed a code so that it’s automatic, thanks again for trying to help me, cordially.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved