BuddyDev

Search

Creating a membership type selection on Registration

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    bo on #15465

Good day every one,
    and thank you for keeping this community alive.
    I wanted to raise a question I had been pondering on if it was possible to do with buddy-press.
    I am presently using buddypress 2.9.4 and don’t wish yet to update until the latest released versions of buddypress is fully compatible.
    As i wanted to create a community type membership where users can register but instead of just signing up. I wanted to give them the possibility of signing either as an individual or an organisation \
    So basically there are 2 member types.
    Individual accounts
    Organisational accounts

Also having this option available i wanted to ask if there was a way that esist to have a filter order where users can filter membership types in the member url

As having this membership type created I was looking to see if there was a way to use conditions to distribute what questions should be asked upon sign up and editing ones profile
    example: organisations may be asked = what year the company was founded
    individuals may be asked for their date of birth

having this set up i wanted the membership type to be one of the first step options on sign up

As i noticed buddydev had a membership type plugin and wanted to know if it could do all this.
    Although i may seem to be picky am just careful because i know the site i manage is a multi-site and not all plugins are fully compatible to it all.

As i had made a large change on my site especially with the use of custom codes.
    As the reason also is I want this membership types to be what will also give options to varieties of of custom namings that would be displayed front end in the managed sub sites.
    In all thank you for you patience and hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #15466

Hello Bo,

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, Member types pro is a plugin that allows defining member types that can be used as field either select box or radio type on the signup form. For showing other fields based on member types please use “Conditional profile field” plugin to load other fields conditionally based on selected member type. Hope it might help you.

Thank You
    Ravi

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15470

Hi Bo,
    I will share my thoughts too.

1. Individual or Organisation account type :- Yes, easily doable with member types.

Also having this option available i wanted to ask if there was a way that esist to have a filter order where users can filter membership types in the member url

I am not sure I understand the question.

1. If you want the member type to be part of the individual user’s url like (http://example.com/%5Bmembers%5D/member_type_name/username

Then sorry, at the moment, BuddyPress will not allow that. Whether it is company or the user, the both will have the directory slug in their url.

A way to handle this(I will not recommend on multisite) is using BP_ENABLE_ROOT_PROFILES where the single user url becomes like sitename.com/username

If you are thinking about collection of users, then yes, we do have different directory urls for each member type

3. Distributing questions based on member type:- Using the conditional profile field plugin can do the trick. I will still suggest that you keep it to the minimum. Also, At the moment, the conditional profile field plugin works with our member types plugin only if you have enabled the select view for the field(select dropdown and not checkbox/radio)

As the reason also is I want this membership types to be what will also give options to varieties of of custom namings that would be displayed front end in the managed sub sites.

I am sorry, but I am unable to understand this part. If you are asking whether member tyeps can be used on the network or not then the answer depends on your BuddyPress setup.

If BuddyPress is network active and member types pro is network active, you can have it on all sites.

Also, about member type being the first step, I believe you will need to custom code the registration.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved