BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Critical bug with join blog widget 1.0.1

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Matthew Brown on #9300

I recently downloaded “join blog widget 1.0.1” because it sounded amazing. It would be ideal if I could encourage site users to become subscribers with a link that said, “become a fan”.

However, when I tested it out things did not go smoothly. I found and added the widget to a live blog on the network. Then I dropped back tot he root blog and switched users to the test user. When I returned to the blog, the link was there. It wasn’t pretty but it was there. However clicking it only served to load the entire page (again) in the HTML DOM where the link was.

This could be because I was using a plugin to switch users but I could not take any chances and deactivated the plugin.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9302

Hi Matthew,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

My apologies for the inconvenience. We haven’t updated the plugin recently. Please allow me 1 days to test and update the plugin.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9347

Hi Matthew,
    I am not sure if the plugin had any issue or not as I did not test the original version. I have uploaded a new version of the plugin which I have tested with WordPress Multisite 4.7.5 and it working fine.

https://buddydev.com/plugins/join-blog-widget/

Please upgrade and let me know if it works for you or not?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9391

Hi Matthew,
    Hope you are doing well.

Can you please check and let me know if it works for you or not?

• Participant
    Matthew Brown on #9440

I will do that today. Thank you.

• Participant
    Matthew Brown on #9443

Uploaded to the server. Activated on a site. Added widget, saved and published.
    Switched user… Nope.
    Try another user… Nope
    Cleared file cache.
    Check which users are subscribers (none).
    Try another user… Nope

As far as I can tell nothing appears in the widget space at all.

Had a look at your code and thought to myself, “looks like good code”. Which was not very helpful. TBH, I do not have sufficient experience with WP to debug further.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9454

Hi Matthew,
    I am sorry but the only reason the widget won’t be visible is when the user is already a member of the current blog.

Can you please register a user on main sit and try to visit a sub site using that member account and verify it?

Thank you
    brajesh

• Participant
    Matthew Brown on #9580

Right okay. I’ll log in with another account rather than use “switch user”. I’ll get back to you.

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Hugo Callens on #12775

I have the same problem.
    I downloaded the current version, activated the plugin sitewide, logged in as subscriber on the main site, then switched to a subsite.
    The join blog widget doesn’t appear at all; the sidebar remains blank.
    I am on WP 4.9.1.

Any help much appreciated!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12776

Hi Hugo,
    Welcome to BuddyDev forums.

Have you added the widget in the sidebar of the sub site?

Is it throwing any error? And I am hoping that by WP 4.9.1 you mean Multisite 4.9.1.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Critical bug with join blog widget 1.0.1’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved