BuddyDev

Search

Custom background

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jill Bowers on #14405

HI Brajesh! Gosh, I just love your plugins and am using yet another! I am very intrigued by the custom background plugin and if I can make it work, i will have to redesign the user profile page to make it look awesome. I installed it and it won’t show. I know it’s because there are background colors in the way and when I go down to the bottom…the css you apply conflicts with the css that’s there and they are both on, so it’s not even like i can use !important to make yours more important. Can you help?

• Participant
    Jill Bowers on #14406

I would actually love it if I could do away with the cover photo and have the whole thing with a background image.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14433

Hi Jill,
    Thank you.

This will need specific css. Please link me to a profile on your site and I can check the dom and provide css.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jill Bowers on #14437
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14452

Hi Jill,
    Thank you.

Please link me to the site too.

About MediaPress:- After your message, I have added support for it to work with the sitewide activity widget out of the box. It was 2 lines change in mediaPress
    https://github.com/buddydev/mediapress/commit/107bb01831ce3670274763c659de69cc0a550866

I am planning to release it on Sunday(with a few more enhancements), so you will be able to use it after that.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jill Bowers on #14453
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14456

Hi Jill,
    Thank you.

I was able to check(my password did not work but I used the older username/password combo you had given me on another topic).

Your theme has background property set for almost all layers of container. It will be very difficult to get it working on body and there are 3-4 layers above that and they all have background colour set.

If you are trying to apply it only to a section of the site, Please let me know and I can quickly check if that is feasible.

The limitation in this case is that even if we apply the background layer if a layer above it has non transparent background set, the background will be hidden.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jill Bowers on #14461

yeah I figured that. I only want the background on user profile pages. I get it though if I can’t do that! Thank you for looking!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14462

Thank you.

It can still be applied partially if it helps. For example, if you want, we can apply to the white middle section below user header and menu.

Applying on whole page will need us to set the background for multiple container element to transparent which is bound to cause other visual issues. That’s why I suggested against it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jill Bowers on #14463

Yeah, so that’s what I wanted to try and see if it looked good!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved