BuddyDev

Search

Custom page for user and group backgrounds.

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    JKitty on #42128

Hello!

So the theme I am using does not automatically add the upload button for the user and group custom backgrounds and I can’t seem to figure out how to edit it and add it.

I was wondering if there was a way that I could just make a custom page for this and if so how would I go about doing this?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #42138

Hi,
    Welcome to BuddyDev support forums.

Please let me know which theme you are using. It does depend on theme’s markup. If it is one of the themes already available to us, we will help you quickly. Otherwise, we will need a link to your site to check.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    JKitty on #42141

Oh sorry about that, I should of remembered to include it. I am using the Vikinger theme.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #42163

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply.

In my earlier encounter with that specific theme, we found a lot of hooks missing and got that reported to the theme authors via one of our members. I am not sure if they updated o not.

Please link me to a user profile on your site and I will assist.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    JKitty on #42182
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #42234
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    JKitty on #42240

I am not sure how to find it at all? When I view it with a basic theme it shows up just fine but when I view it with the Vikinger theme it says 404

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #42254

Thank you. I see now. I had assumed that you were able to upload the images but that was not showing.

If the upload tab is not visible/accessible, I will suggest contacting Vikinger author. They seem to have done too many non standard way.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    JKitty on #42279

Yes I did try to contact them but unfortunately apparently due to the site they sell their theme from they are “not allowed” to help with any skin or plugin customizations which seems really silly. Starting to wonder if I really wasted my money. I can’t seem to find any way to get these plugins to show up so that my users can enjoy them and these plugins are very important to me, great features. *sigh*

Thank you for trying. ^^

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by JKitty.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #42287

Hi,
    I am very sorry for your experience. I wish we could help you.

The problem with that theme in past(I haven’t seen recent version) was having too many things hardcoded and not using default template pack hooks.

I hope they will consider improving it.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved