BuddyDev

Search

Custom PHP for one page on one multisite blog

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Matthew Brown on #9439

I have one blog (among a growing collection) to which I would like to add some custom pages. So far, so easy. However, these pages would run the UI (form) of custom PHP and JQuery. This should only be available to that one blog site and that one page and be impossible for any other blog to even know about, let alone use or embed. Furthermore, the content cannot show up or impact the other sites at all – even if I screw up and write very bad code.

For this reason, I have ruled out using a plugin (which would have my code show up in the plugins list on every site). For the same reason, I cannot see that adding a child theme would work as then I would have two identical themes for all the other sites and one would have some funky extra stuff that the other admins should leave alone if they know what’s good for them.

I’m stuck. How do I do this?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9457

Hi Matthew,
    Thank you for posting.

The best way to do it will be by using a child theme.

In case of Multisite, The theme is visible to normal blog admins only if it is network enabled. In your case, you will not network enable the chaild theme. That will make it invisible for others.

To assign it to the specific blog, you can do that by following the below steps:-

1.Please visit Network Admin->Sites and click on Edit under the specific blog.
    2. Click on the “Themes” tab
    3. Enable the child theme for this blog
    4. visit the dashobard of the log and Use the child theme.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved