I’m trying to use the BuddyBlog Pro plugin to create custom post types and form for users to post on a shared site-wide “blog” (it’s called something else). I’m having a hard time figuring out how to create this using this plug in and am thinking this plug in isn’t the right type for what I’m trying to accomplish. Does it allow users to post on one blog, not just to their profile? Also, does it allow for creation of widgets?
Welcome to BuddyDev support forums.
Yes, it allows all users to post to one blog. I am not sure what do you mean by creation widgets? You can use any widgets that work with custom post type.
Here is the steps to use it:-
1. Please create a custom post type using any of the plugins(CPTUI or Pods or something similar) that allow creating custom post type(Or you can use the Posts post type if you want to).
2. Create a BuddyBlog Form and use this post type in the post type settings section. Configure this form for various publishing actions.
3. Please visit Dashboard->BuddyBlog->Settings and open the tab named after your post type. At the bottom of that settings page, Please scroll down to the bottom “Misc Settings” section.
You can turn off the posts showing on profile there by using the option “Make single post viewable on profile?”
That will make the posts visible on the normal site instead of the profile.
Hope that helps.
There are 2 options for you to use the form.
do you want to allow users to post from their profile or do you want users to post from a WordPress page?
1. Please publish the form as I suggested in my previous reply and visit Dashboard->BuddyBlog ->Settings
2. Under your specific “Post Type” section, Please go though the the the tab settings.
3. You will find the “Post Creation” section, It is 3rd section from the top.
4. In this section, you can configure who can post and who can see the tabs.
5. Please select your form here. all the published form for this specific post type appears in the dropdown “Post Form”
6. Now, the users will be able to create post from their profile.
7. If you do not want user’s to create post form their profile and would like to use a page instead, Please select a page in the option “Create Page”. It is just below the Post Form option. After saving the settings, Please make sure to coy the suggested shortcode to this page. This step is only required if you want to use a page for creating posts.
Please let me know if you are able to configure it or not?
You can use the following shortcode.
Please change ‘post’ with your post type.
You can see this shortcode under the creation settings as shown in the screenshot.
Please do know that the shortcode will only work if you have selected a Page as post creation form from the dropdown(In my screenshot, I haven’t selected any) and put the shortcode in that page.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.