BuddyDev

Search

Custom Taxonomy Multi Selector Field Add new terms support

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Anders on #38259

Using the Custom Taxonomy Multi Selector Field it is possible to mark the field to give the user the opportunity to add new terms to the taxonomy. But when this option is selected nothing is shown on the field.

How have noticed that there in the code is a class Taxonomy_Terms_Creator, that is supposed to add the feature to the Field_Type_Multi_Select_Taxonomy field. But this calls is not coming into effect.

How do I get the feature to work?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #38268

Hi Anders,
    Welcome to BuddyDev support forums.

Have you enabled the Select2 mode for this field? It will only work if you have enabled select2 for the multi taxonomy field.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Anders on #38284

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I have enabled Select2 for the field. I tried both with and without before I wrote the support-request.

Does this feature depend on other things – browser, wordpress version (I am using version 5.6.3 and not 5.7.1) and the latest version of both Buddypress (7.3.0) and BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types (1.1.9)?

Is there any demands to the used Theme? I am using the Cera theme from Themeforest.

Is there any demands to the used taxonomy? I have tried to use different taxonomies without luck.

How should the UI look like, when this feature is working?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #38304

Hi Anders,
    Thank you for the reply.

here is a screensgot showing it with the default WordPress theme. I am not aware if Cera does something special with the edit section. Please contact their support.

https://i.imgur.com/V1WtH9P.png

PS:- Do you see the auto complete box in the theme edit page?

Regards
    Brajes

• Participant
    Anders on #38330

Hi Brajes

Thank you for the screenshut – It explain a lot to me.

On my website the Custom Taxonomy Multi Selector Field is just shown as a listbox filled with the elements from the taxonomy – And that is something very different from how it looks on your screenshut.

It is probably the Cera theme, that is not supporting it 🙁

Rgds, Anders

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #38333

Hi Anders,
    Thank you.
    I am sorry to hear about that. I hope you can contact the theme authors and request them for support.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved