BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Custom Taxonomy Multi-selector field not working

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Pat on #15399

Good Morning,

Thank you for replacing the old plugin:

I’m trying to work with the Custom Taxonomy Multi-selector field. The fields would look similar to the post tags. For example, a person could have multiple expertise CSS HTML Php WordPress. Now I get a box will all options listed, and no way to select multiple options. Because of the error, I can no longer register users to the test site. I’ve tried deactivating different plugins to see if there is a conflict with no results.

On the test site
    WP 4.9.6
    Buddypress 3.0
    BP Profile search 4.8
    BBPress 2.5.14
    bbpress move topics 1.1.6
    bbpress Notify Admins 1.0.2
    Black Studio tiny MDE widget 2.6.2
    BuddyExtender 1.0.1
    BuddyDocs 2.0.1
    BuddyPress Globel Search 1.1.9
    GD bbPress attachments 2.6

The Events Calendar – an issue in the pass 4.6.17

This isn’t the complete list, but the ones most likely to cause an issue. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Thank you

Patricia

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15403

Hi Patricia,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

The error you are seeing is due to a bug in BuddyPress 3.0

At the moment, any field using multi select and multiple checkboxes are throwing the error.

Please find more details here

https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7845

The fix needs to be in BuddyPress. My suggestion will be to apply the path from the above ticket.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Brajesh Singh.
  • Participant
    Pat on #16057

Good Morning,

I’m still having an issue with the Custom Taxonomy Multi-selector field. Since the upgrade to BuddyPress 3.1.0 user registration is no longer an issue. One the front end everything displays correctly, including during signup. It’s on the backend where I have an issue. For example, a person could have multiple expertise: CSS, HTML, Php, & WordPress. I get a box will all options listed, and no way to select multiple options. I’ve tried deactivating different plugins to see if there is a conflict with no results. So while users can registrar, and they can indicate multiple expertise, the backend isn’t displaying correctly still. Any suggestions or know conflicts?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16060

Hi Pat,

Please allow me to check it later today and get back to you. I am assuming it is about the extended profile edit page in admin?

• Participant
    Pat on #16061

Yes, and thank you

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16093

Hi Pat,
    I am sorry but I don’t see any issue.
    https://i.imgur.com/NtLu9IA.png

You can use the ctrl+mouse click to select one or more value. This is how the multi select works in browser.

Is that not working for you?

• Participant
    Pat on #16098

Good Morning,

The ctrl+mouse click is working, in the other version, the backend display was similar to what the users saw. It confused me a bit. thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16099

Good morning Pat.

Thank you for clarifying and confirming that it is working.

I do plan to enable the select2 box in admin in next update and I will keep that as an enhancement.

Marking the topic as resolved.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Custom Taxonomy Multi-selector field not working’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved