- Andreas Englowski on December 19, 2018 at 3:43 am #19597
i like to customize the header on all buddypress pages (profile / groups / members / activity). In detail i like to add a div after the header containing a geo my wp search form.
Did search the web but nothing is working, in fact nothing changed. Did play around and edit different header files inside buddypress plugin folder hoping to find the right ones but nothing changed.
Did then create folders and files in my child theme to override defaults but still nothing happens, even if i just add a simple <h3> tag.
Can anyone help and tell me which are the right files to work with?
Thanks in advance,
- Brajesh Singh on December 19, 2018 at 9:57 am #19608
Thank you for asking.
1. To affect the layout globally, create a copy of your theme’s page.php and name it buddypress.php in the root of your current active theme. Now modify it and it will apply the changes on all BuddyPress pages.
2. To overwrite specific BuddyPress page, please create a directory “buddypress” in your theme or child theme and then copy the respective files from the template pack you are using. For example I am assuming that you are using BP Legacy template pack and want to modify the header file for user, yu can copy plugin/buddypress/bp-templates/bp-legacy/buddypress/members/single/member-header.php to yourtheme/buddypress/members/single/members-header.php and modify.
Same applies for all other files.
Hope that helps.
- Andreas Englowski on January 4, 2019 at 10:06 am #19908This reply has been marked as private.
- Brajesh Singh on January 4, 2019 at 10:20 am #19909This reply has been marked as private.
- Andreas Englowski on January 4, 2019 at 10:28 am #19912
Wow, that was blazing fast, many many many thanks!
Yes the problem was because of the space, all is working now!
Your the man, thanks you so much <3
- Brajesh Singh on January 4, 2019 at 10:29 am #19914
You are welcome. Glad it worked 🙂
The topic ‘ [Resolved] Customise header of all bp pages’ is closed to new replies.