BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Customise header of all bp pages

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Andreas Englowski on #19597

Hi,

i like to customize the header on all buddypress pages (profile / groups / members / activity). In detail i like to add a div after the header containing a geo my wp search form.

Did search the web but nothing is working, in fact nothing changed. Did play around and edit different header files inside buddypress plugin folder hoping to find the right ones but nothing changed.
    Did then create folders and files in my child theme to override defaults but still nothing happens, even if i just add a simple <h3> tag.

Can anyone help and tell me which are the right files to work with?

Thanks in advance,
    Andi

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19608

Hi Andi,
    Thank you for asking.

1. To affect the layout globally, create a copy of your theme’s page.php and name it buddypress.php in the root of your current active theme. Now modify it and it will apply the changes on all BuddyPress pages.

2. To overwrite specific BuddyPress page, please create a directory “buddypress” in your theme or child theme and then copy the respective files from the template pack you are using. For example I am assuming that you are using BP Legacy template pack and want to modify the header file for user, yu can copy plugin/buddypress/bp-templates/bp-legacy/buddypress/members/single/member-header.php to yourtheme/buddypress/members/single/members-header.php and modify.

Same applies for all other files.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Andreas Englowski on #19908
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19909
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Andreas Englowski on #19912

Wow, that was blazing fast, many many many thanks!

Yes the problem was because of the space, all is working now!

Your the man, thanks you so much <3

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19914

You are welcome. Glad it worked 🙂

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Customise header of all bp pages’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved