Tagged: deactivate account, groups, plugin, WP Compatibility
I am insterested in purchasing the Deactivate Account plugin. However, I noticed that it was last updated in October 2021. Since then there have been multiple WP updates. Currently, I am on 5.9.2.
Is your plugin compatible with WP 5.9.2?
Also, if the user deactivates and then wants to reactivate, but I have the setting that they cannot log in, how would they be able to activate?
Is there a difference between deactivating as an ADMIN and as a USER? If the ADMIN deactivates, it would be nice to be able to select PERMANENT Deactivation verses the USER being able to reactivate on their own. This would be a security issue for me.
I love all you other plugins I’m using and am hoping that this will be yet another. Right now BuddyBoss allows deletes of the user account, but I don’t think I want to allow users to delete their accounts. Some are creating groups that others belong to. I’m afraid that deleting the user account would also delete the group. I can’t allow that.
How does deactivating an account affect any GROUPS that the individual has created. I would like the groups to live on beyond the group creator.
NoN Universe Administrator
- Brajesh Singh on April 2, 2022 at 11:29 am #44257
Thank you for the kind words and your interest in the plugin.
1. The plugin is tested with WordPress 5.9.2 and it works.
2. If you set that user can not login on deactivation, then they won’t be able to activate their account. They will need to approach you by other means to get it re-activated.
3. There is no difference between dectivating an account(user) if you are logged in as admin or the user(except, if the logout is enabled on deactivation, the user will be logged out but the admin won’t be).
4.Sorry, we don’t have this kind of settings currently to differentiate between the deactivation done by admin or the user. It is a good idea to have something like this and we will definitely plan this in future.
5. Deleting user accounts(BuddyPress) will not delete the group. It simply adds a site admin as group administrator if there is only 1 group admin and that account was being deleted.
The deactivate account will have no effect on group.
Hope that helps.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.