BuddyDev

Search

Default Group Tab fallback when a conditional tab is missing

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Nick on #39724

I have used Group Tabs Creator Pro to change the name of a built-in BuddyBoss tab (Subgroups) for a particular group type. I also want to set this to be the default tab, however this results in a 404 error when I try to access a subgroup because they don’t have any subgroups and therefore don’t have that tab to be set to default!

One workaround might be to create a parent group type and a child group type, and only apply this tab modification to the parent group type. However, I would prefer to have them all in the same type for the sake of filtering and simplicity.

Can you think of any way around this – either something else that I can do or a change you can make to the plugin, either for Subgroups specifically or a more robust check for missing tabs? I’d especially love to be able to specify another tab to be default for the subgroups.

This is probably somewhat confusing, so if anything isn’t clear, please let me know and I will try to explain it better.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39775

Hi Nick,
    Thank you for bringing it.

You are right about it. The plugin lacks the option to detect the Sub group/parent group relationship. The solution is to use group type as cope for tabs but that could be cumbersome. I am exploring option to add it as scope without affecting existing users. Please provide me 2-3 days for the same.

For the default nav 404 issue, Please do know that when we are setting default nav(or BuddyPress/BuddyBoss calls the default nav filter ), It is earlier than the registration of nav items. So, It is not possible to check if that default nav items is available as the nav item of the group or not.

I will be looking a bit further to see why the platform/BuddyPress doe not detect it and fallback.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Nick on #39778

Ok, thanks for the clarification. For various other reasons, I have decided not to use subgroups anymore, so don’t explore this for my sake!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39829

Hi Nick,
    Thank you for letting us know. We will add the support for sub group/parent groups a bit late then.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved