BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Default Landing Tab

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Sujee Kulendran on #16538

Hi Brajesh!

I hope you’ve been well. I need your help in solving a problem I’m having with the default tab for buddypress. I am using your Member Type Pro plugin along with the Profile Tab Pro plugin. I created a tab called ‘Home’ and used the member type pro to set that tab as default for a specific member type (in my case it is admissions counselors).

I have upgraded my theme and comparing two versions of the site. My original site had everything working and if you follow this profile link it works: https://collegetrackr.com/members/barnardcollege

The same site was upgraded, however the profile link does not work (404 error) – https://sandbox.collegetrackr.com/members/barnardcollege

The original and sandbox is exactly the same except for the theme upgrade. The only way the sandbox works is if I plug it in as this: https://sandbox.collegetrackr.com/members/barnardcollege/home. So, it looks like I need to actually add in the slug in the URL for it to work now whereas before, I didn’t have to.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Thankss!

Sujee

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16542

Hi Sujee,
    Please allow me to look into it today.

Is there any difference between BuddyPress versions?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Sujee Kulendran on #16545

Yes, the sandbox.collegetrackr.com version is the new buddypress template

Thank you,
    Sujee

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16546

Hi Sujee,
    I have tested it again today and I can confirm that it works with BuddyPress 3.1

Possible reasons why it may not be working for you:-

1. Do you have BP Nouveau theme active and the User Home enabled? BuddyOress 3.0/3.1 won’t allow custom landing page in this case. BuddyPress 3.2 will(It is fixed in BuddyPress trunk). To solve it, Please visit Appearance->Customize->BP Nouveau->User Front page and disable it.

2. If the above is not the case then the only other reason is either a plugin or theme is defining ‘BP_DEFAULT_COMPONENT’.

Can you please check and let me know if any of the above is the issue.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Sujee Kulendran on #16547

Brajesh,

I had already tried your first suggestion and unfortunately that is not the problem. Which leaves us with the second option.

Is there a way to check without having me test each plugin?

Thank you!

Sujee

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16549

Hi Sujee,
    Can you please provide me access to the site having trouble. I can look into it and may find the issue easily.

As of searching, you will need to search for the string “BP_DEFAULT_COMPONENT” in the wp-content directory(search should look inside the files) to find and locate it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Sujee Kulendran on #16556
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16557
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16558
  • Participant
    Sujee Kulendran on #16574

Hi Brajesh!

No, I do not believe there were any changes made on the server from the earlier. I will send you a note directly to your email with details on FTP and attachments to access my server. Maybe we can try and switch themes to the original version? Basically, there should be two versions of my theme – Thrive and Thrive Noveau.

I will send you an email shortly.

Thank you!
    Sujee

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Default Landing Tab’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved