BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Diffenrent profile menu for different profile type

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Simon on #42751

Hello,

my programming skills are not good, that’s why i’m looking for advice. Thank you in advance for answering my question.

Im planing to rebuild my website with buddyboss and want to use the Directorist Plugin to allow members to post listings. There should be different profile-types but not all should be able/ not be allowed to create listings. The Directorist-support told me that you can disallow certain users to create listings but the Listings-Tab in the profile menu with “My-Listings”, “Favourite-Listings” and “New-Listings” will be visible for every profile-type.

My question:

1. Does anyone have experience with the directorist plugin as integration for buddyboss?

2. Can I show/hide certain tabs in the profile menu for only certain profile types, without big problems?

Thank you again for the help.

Cheers

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #42775

Hi Simon,
    Welcome to BuddyDev support forums.

1.Our team does not have experience with directorist.

2. Yes, you can show and hide profile menu. If you try to remove core features(such as friendship/messaging etc from the tab), they may cause broken experience for your users.

The tabs are in profile menu are associated with BuddyPress/BuuddyBoss components and when you remove the tab, you are removing the screen without actually removing the functionality from other places(for example, if you remove the message tab, you should disable the message buttons on profile and members list as well to have a normal experience).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Simon on #42814

Thank you for your answer Brajesh!

Ok, but is it possible to change the profile menu only for a certain member type? One menu for membertype a and one for b? Is there a plugin for this or can it only be changed with custom code? This option is probably not available in the default options of BuddyBoss.

Thank you for your help!

Regards
    Simon

• Participant
    Simon on #42815

*Can this be done with BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro? I’ve seen that it’s compatible with Buddyboss.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #42817

Hi Simon,
    Thank you

You may be able to remove nav items using cusotm code.
    Please have a look at the following topic for examples.

https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/hide-nav-item-function-only-works-for-core-bp-items

https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/hide-tabs-and-profile-for-custom-roles/

The plugin, BuddyPress User profile Tabs Creator does allow you to remove by roles. It does not support member types currently.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Simon on #42834

Hi Brajesh,

thank you for your awesome help!

Regards Simon

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #42845

Hi Simon,
    You are welcome.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Diffenrent profile menu for different profile type’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved