Tagged: buddyboss, buddypress
- Dorian Logan on September 16, 2021 at 11:49 am #40583
Is there a plugin / snippet that can be used to disable the round trip email. We are using a third party platform to authenticate the user so the activation email etc is not needed.
I have seen comments about disabling the email from being sent – but it does not seems to solve the issue of the account being activated.
Our use case
– user fills in reg form
– validate form
– call to 3rd party platform to register user
– platform validates request
– user created, activated and logged in (no email)
All advice greatly received.
- Brajesh Singh on September 16, 2021 at 5:03 pm #40585
Thank you for the question.
Can you please tell me which of the emails(activatioh, welcome etc) you need to be disabled. We can do it quickly with a couple of lines of code.
- Dorian Logan on February 28, 2022 at 10:11 am #43608
This thread went quiet – as we managed to disable the activation email and associated process. Sadly our approach has stopped working with recent updates from BuddyBoss Plugin.
What would you recommend?
We are logging our users in via a 3rd party endpoint (custom) they are already validated etc.
- Brajesh Singh on March 1, 2022 at 11:58 am #43646
can you please share what did you do to disable the activation email earlier? That will help help me assist you better.
- Dorian Logan on March 1, 2022 at 4:19 pm #43651
We are doing the following
To disable activation email, add following line to child-theme’s functions.php
— add_filter( ‘bp_core_signup_send_activation_key’, ‘__return_false’ );
After deactivating activation, user should be directly activated. So add following line to wp-config.php
— define( ‘BP_SIGNUPS_SKIP_USER_CREATION’, true );
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.