BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] disable Cover Photo from Directory

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Cordial on #51125

I have a little bit of confusion.

The situation is that I uploaded a Cover Photo and it is showing on the Member Directory, as you can see here– https://prnt.sc/pmHvi8sO41nd

and also on the Header of the user Profile, as you can see here– https://prnt.sc/px7evM6Ggj0K

1.) Is that the expected behaviour of BuddyPress?

2.) Is there a way to show the Cover Photo on the Single User/ Profile Page, but not show it on the Member Directory?

2b.) Is there any Code Snippet that can be used to achieve that?

Regards.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #51130

Hello Cordial,

Thank you for posting. What you are looking for is the default behaviour of BuddyPress. Either your theme or any plugin causing this functionality. In my opinion, it is your theme which might have this functionality. Please try temporarily after switching to a default theme and deactivating all other plugins except BuddyPress. Please give it a try.

Regards
    Ravi

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51131

Hi Cordial,
    No, that’s not default BuddyPress behaviour. It does not show the header on members list. It is probably your theme doing it.

The solution is to contact theme authors to see if they have provided a way to turn it off.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Cordial on #51136

@Ravi, @Brajesh Singh

You are both correct. It’s my Theme that added that functionality.

I dropped this same question on the BuddyPress support Forum, and I was shocked 😱 to my bones that I got answer. I was shocked because that BuddyPress support Forum seemed the most useless in the world, unfortunately.

Nonetheless, it was said to me that what I am experiencing is indeed not default BuddyPress behaviour, and that I should contact Theme Author.

I did actually contact Theme Author, and it was solved.

Regards.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51151

Hi Cordial,
    I am glad you have it resolved now.

I am sorry for your experience with BuddyPress support forums. BuddyPress is community driven and at the moment, there is indeed some issue with support as there is a lack of support contributors there. I hope more people will work on supporting BuddyPress in future!

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved