BuddyDev

Search

Disable creation of account on other subsite

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Joris van den Berg on #17351

Hi

First of all, thanks for creating this awesome code. Though I am running into an essential problem.

I have network of subsites, on each site someone can register for this specific site (this works flawlessly) afterwards they are auto activated and logged in (with one of your plugins). The issue is that afterwards they can also login to other sites on the network (I also have bp multi network enabled). This should absolutely not be possible. I have tried some stuff but I cannot get it to work the way that you can only access the subsite you have registered for.

Installed plugins:
    Buddypress
    BP multi network
    BP Auto login & activation

So issue: Users get logged in and gain access to any site accessed on the network when they have registerd for 1 subsite only.

Solution: Users can only access the subsite they have registered for and nothing else.

The issue is very severe and I hope you know of some way to make this right.

I look forward to hearing form you and whether this is out of the scope of your support please let me know so we can arrange something else with you!

Kind regards

Joris

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17355

Hi Joris,
    Welcome to BuddyDev and thank you for using BP Auto Activate Auto Login plugin.

I am sorry but the above plugins combination can not restrict users across the multisite sub sites.

The correct approach will be to set the registering blog as the primary blog of the user and then restricting user to their primary blog.

If you are comfortable with code, I can supply some code next week to achieve it.
    Yes, it does not fall in our support but is will be only a few lines of code( I need to setup a network and test, that is more time consuming) and I can provide it without any extra cost.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Joris van den Berg on #17404

Hello Brajesh,

Thank you for the quick response. I am someway comfortable with code (basic PHP, we do understand how it all works with all the functions.php as well etc ;). So with the code I think we will be able to work it out, so that sounds very good!

Thank you for the extra effort!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved