BuddyDev

Search

Display more member cards in a single row in member directory loop

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Fabian on #50815

Hi,

I know this question is unrelated to any of your plugins, I only ask because one of my friends in the same BuddyBoss community on Facebook recommended you and told me to try because you have several years of BuddyPress/BuddyBoss experience.
    Maybe I am lucky and the question has already been answered but I just did not come across it yet.

Anyway, here is my what I am trying to do:

I would like to display more member cards in each row in the member directory.

The member cards take up way too much space, I could easily fit more in one row.
    However it seems as there are other templates or stylesheets that make this task almost impossible.
    To be more precise: As you probably know the member cards consist of several layers and not just a simple box container.
    Even though, I can play around with margins and padding in developer tools and see the changes.
    I even found this item which would fit way more member cards into a single row:

#buddypress .members-list > li {
      min-width: 275px;
    }

If I use max-width instead it would work, however, once I save it (even with !important) the directory automatically reverts back to its orignal state. Meaning, my change(s) just wont be applied, no matter what.
    I just cannot find any rule or stylesheet that takes precedence for this line of code to play with that one.

Any help or suggestion is very welcome 😉

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50834

Hi Fabian,
    Thank you for the question.
    If you are using BuddyBoss, you can use the following css.

#buddypress .grid.bp-list>li.item-entry {
     flex: 0 0 25%;	
      min-width:unset;
    }

That will show 4 cards per row. To show 5, change 25% to 20% and so on.

It will affect all list. If you want to apply only to members list, you can use the following instead.

#buddypress #members-dir-list  .grid.bp-list>li.item-entry {
     flex: 0 0 25%;	
     min-width:unset;
    }

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved