BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Display post comments in activity feed on date comment was made

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #1065

Hi Brajesh, this is not your issue, but I was hoping that you might be able to suggest a fix.

I have discovered a default behaviour of Buddypress Activity that does not fit with the way I think activity should work.

What I have noticed is that all comments on posts are displayed nested under the original post on the date that the post was submitted.

In otherwords, a comment made today on a post made three days ago would appear in the activity feed of three days ago, nested under the original post.

I would like to have a dynamic site, where comments to posts are displayed in the activity feed at the time that they are submitted, but how can I achieve this?

I notice if I set the activity filter to Comments then this relation to the original post is broken and the comments are displayed in the date order that they are received. What I would like is for comments to be displayed like this when the filter is set to everything.

Do you think my ask is achievable? would the fix be an relatively easy task? I am no programmer.

Thanks in advance.

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #1066

Hi Brajesh, do not worry about this one, I found a fix, thanks for reading.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1073

Hi George,
    Glad that you fixed it.

Thank you for the update.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Display post comments in activity feed on date comment was made’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved