BuddyDev

Search

Do not hide users from site admin not working

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Wayne Rowlands on #29683

I have checked “no” on the Do not hide users from site admin?. When I log into our site as an admin, I still see admins that have been set up to be hidden. We are using BuddyBoss. Please advise.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29693

Hi Wayne,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

Do you mean the list of users in dashboar? I checked on members directory and I do not see the users?

Please let me know if you mean hiding it somewhere else.

PS:- To apply settings, a user must save their account settings with their selected preference. default preference only applies to new registrations.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Wayne Rowlands on #29698

I installed the BuddyPress Profile Visibility Manager plugin. I have checked “no” on the Do not hide users from site admin? Now when I log in as the admin on the account, I have gone to my profile within the website (the front end and NOT the back end) and set myself up as hidden for everything. I have also done this for another admin on the website. When I view the “activity” page (on the front end and NOT the backend), I can see both myself and the other admin’s member profile. According to the plugin instructions, this is not supposed to happen as both admins are not to be seen on the website even while logged in as an admin.

Please advise,

Wayne Rowlands

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29713

Hi Wayne Rowlands,
    Thank you for the reply.

I am sorry but the hide feature is not for User’s activity. It is for user’s visibility from members directory or other similar lists(widgets etc).

Currently, there is no existing solution for BuddyPress to hide users in activity stream(except the moderation plugins).

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved