BuddyDev

Search

Double member sorting and member search on single BuddyPress Group page

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #28908

Hi

On single BuddyPress Group pages on the members tab I have two instances of both member sorting and member search as illustrated on this screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/izi6ousj18gnhmh/Screenshot%202020-04-17%20at%2009.19.37.png?dl=0

Is it a bug in the theme or is it just me?
    How can I get rit of one of the pairs?

Best regards
    Torben

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28912

Hi Torben,
    Is that group’s members page? No., It is not from the theme. The theme has only 1 search box.

Is there any chance you are using any old template in child theme(from 1.x) or some custom code?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #28920

Yes, it’s my group’s members page!
    I have tried to change to the core theme instead of the child theme, but it gives the same result with double search boxes. I also deactivated my own plugin with custom codes, but neither that helped.

Then I installed and activated another BuddyPress-theme, and then there were only 1 search box!

I don’t know if this screenshot is any help:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/thub2topc9xpy4l/Screenshot%202020-04-17%20at%2015.47.14.png?dl=0

Weird
    Torben

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28938

Hi Torben,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Can you please visit our demo and see if you are facing similar issue there. I need some way to produce it.

Please check and let me know.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #29027

Hi Brajesh

It works fine in your demo, but not on my sites, so you’re probably right that I might have a bug or old code somewhere. I just can’t figure where it is. Just to recap the two elements that should NOT be there are the ones with classes “groups-members-search” and “group_members-order-select” as shown in this screenshot:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nlp00ynqka26j1/Screenshot%202020-04-21%20at%2008.33.24.png?dl=0

I could of course set the classes to display: none, but it’s just a hack not a fix IMHO.

But if you can’t help me and I can’t fix it myself I might just do the display:one thing.

Best regards
    Torben

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29051

Hi Torben,
    I will love to know the issue in more details and help you fix it.

Is there any chance I can take a look at the site(is it being developed locally or is it accessible for me?).

I do not think hiding via css is a good idea. We should fix and solve the issue.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #29053
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29173

Hi Torben,
    can you please tell me how are you setting members as home page for the group? That might give me some clue. I am looking forward to release another update very soon, so will be glad to have it fixed too.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #29184

Hi Brajesh

Of course. I’m setting members as home page for the group via your “BuddyPress Group Tabs Creator Pro” plugin 🙂

/Torben

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29189

Hi Torben,
    Thank you.

I will check now. We are releasing an update to today. If I am able to re-create this, will include the fix.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved