BuddyDev

Search

Emails not being sent

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Alexandre on #39754

So I’m working on a little project, trying to grasp the workings of WordPress. I’ve created a website, currently still on localhost, and installed buddypress. My problem is that I can’t seem to send buddypress emails like the activation one, even though regular WordPress emails like the reset password email are sent correctly. I currently have WP Mail SMTP setup with a personal Gmail account of mine so I can easily see which emails are sent or not and even though WordPress says the activation emails are sent as the counter in the user tab displays, in my email no mails were ever sent. What can I do to troubleshoot the situation?

buddypress version is 9.0.0

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39759

Hi Alexandre,

Welcome to BuddyDev.

The WP Mail SMTP plugin is not compatible. Since you are using BuddyPress on localhost, the default mailer is not able to send the mail.

Please try it on a non local site.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Alexandre on #39790

Oh i see, I am not truly interested in currently hosting the website elsewhere but since thats the issue I’m not very concerned with it as well. Do you know any mail plugin that would be compatible with buddy press and allow me to send while on localhost.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39813

Hi,
    Someone posted the code to make it work on BuddyPress.org
    https://buddypress.org/support/topic/buddypress-smtp-settings/#post-312405

you may want tot try and see if that works.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved