BuddyDev

Search

Empty membership directory after activation of buddypress multinetwork plugin

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    xbladerunner on #41109

Hi. I have a wp multisite configuration and am in process of changing my buddypress network settings. I’m switching from a network activated buddypress with a secondary root site, to a buddypress multinetwork configuration (using the buddypress multinetwork plugin).

I understand this means bp will be segregated, users and settings, per subsite, instead of having one set of users and settings for the whole network. I understand when doing this I may appear to “lose” users and settings on my subsites that were previously there.

I’m currently planning to export/import buddypress profile fields and group settings, using phpmyadmin– from the data tables assigned to the former root site, to the new bp data tables of each subsite. I’m planning on “fixing” the profile fields and group settings on the former root site manually, however, by just re-creating the profile fields and groups within the wp backend.

Where I’m stuck is with the users. When I network activate the multi-network plugin, the users still reside on the wp backend of the subsite that was the former secondary root site. However, they don’t appear on the front end of the site within the membership directory.

I’ve read elsewhere in the forums that this will resolve itself –that when each user next signs in, they will appear in the membership directory. This isn’t satisfactory in my case however, as having all the users in the 400+ membership directory suddenly disappear will be too alarming to the community.

So my first question concerns whether there is a way to get all the users to reappear in the membership directory, without waiting for them to all to individually sign in. This is the issue I’m most concerned about.

Once that is resolved, I’d like to know if there is a more automated solution to copy the profile fields and group settings to the other subsites, rather than doing this manually via phpmyadmin.

Looking forward to any help you can provide.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41112

Hi Stefan,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

We do have a small plugin to assist you with making users available again. I will share the link and the steps in my next private reply as the plugin is not yet available for everyone.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41113
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    xbladerunner on #41133

Hi Brajesh– thank you for your help. The plugin works! My members are now fully listed in the membership directory.

However, I now have an issue with the membership search functionality on that page– I’m using the BP Profile Search plugin, which works when Buddypress Multi Network plugin is deactivated, but isn’t working during activation.

I also have not regained the “friends” list (all friends have disappeared from the friends list). I was thinking earlier that this would be resolved with the membership fix, but unfortunately is still an issue.

Is there anything that can be done about this? Having the community “re-friend” everyone is a big deal! Especially if they can’t search for them! lol. I appreciate all the work you’ve done with BuddyDev — It’s really quite brilliant, and am very thankful that the community exists.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by xbladerunner.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by xbladerunner.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41174

Hi Stefan,
    Thank you.

For all other data(friends/groups/notifications etc), the simple solution is to drop BuddyPress tables for the specific sub site in question. Then copy the bp_xyz tables?(which does not have a numeric suffix after bp) and rename them to bp_xx(where xx is your blog id, e.g 2, 3 tec).

That will make all the original data available.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    xbladerunner on #41405

Hi Brajesh–

I mentioned in this thread that I’m having an issue with the membership search functionality on the membership page– I’m using the BP Profile Search plugin, which works when Buddypress Multi Network plugin is deactivated, but isn’t working during activation. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Concerning your direction for the friends/groups/notifications etc data, I am still unable to get “friends” or “group members” to transfer from the old tables to the new– but I’m still working on it. Mostly concerned about the search functionality right now.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41417

Hi Stefan,
    Thank you for the reply.

You will need to copy the table/rename them to make the profile/other details available(friends etc).

Like I said earlier, you will need to do that from database. If you can provide me access to your WordPress(network admin, for veryfying the changes) and access to phpmyadmin, I can take care of it.

PS:- Which blog id is currently set as the main?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    xbladerunner on #41423
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41427
  • Participant
    xbladerunner on #41436

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved