BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Error Message

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Gisela Zechner on #51512

Hi BuddyDev Team,

Thank you for your great support. I hope I will soon have finished the setup of my site.

The error message below appears when I am not logged in and I want to open the BP-Members Page (members directory).
    I use WooCommerce Membership and on the BP-Members-Page I have added the membership rule for “Premium Members” (Membership Plan of WooCommerce Membership) And I use BP Classic, so that I can see and edit the BP-Pages.

BUT: I did the same with the activity page – restrict access to Premium Members. The activity page opens for everyone. It should not be accessible for everyone. Especially not for unregistered visitors.

That is the error message:
    Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/……/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-member-types-pro/core/class-bpmtp-member-types-pro-hooks.php:291) in /home/……./wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1435

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/…../wp-content/plugins/buddypress-member-types-pro/core/class-bpmtp-member-types-pro-hooks.php:291) in /home/……/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1438

I have not yet defined any member types nor done anything with the member-types-pro plugin.
    I also use WooComm. Membership.

An additional question to the member-types pro: Is it right, that it is not possible to control the access to the buddypress network for different membership levels? I have Free Membership and Premium Membership. Both are Subscribers (WP-roles), so I cannot differentiate by the role. I have the Membership Plan – But a change from free to premium membership does not change the member type, and it does not react on a change of the status of the subscription. I expect, that some members will change their status, as well as their membership product.

All members register via WooCommerce, whether free or premium membership, because WooCommerce is connected to the autoresponder.
    Do you have any idea how I can manage it, that free members and premium members have different options on Buddypress. E.g. only Premium can send private messages. And the classification should be automatic.

Thanks in advance.
    Gisela

• Participant
    Gisela Zechner on #51513

An addition – I’ve just found the Buddypress Directories in the list of restricted content on the membership plan. I’ve set the member directory and the activity directory. But it doesn’t work, because they are linked to those pages, I had prepared as drafts in the old 11.4. Version of Buddypress, which I cannot edit any longer.

• Participant
    Gisela Zechner on #51531

An Assumtion: I assume we have a mix of different issues – the main issue is – the lost pages due to the update from BP 11.4. to BP 12. The pages are still in the system but not editable. I have to fix this first, before I can go on. But how can I fix this?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51539

Hi Gisela,
    1. In order to get the pages back, Please install and activate BP Classic plugin. You can use the pages after that.

2. For the notice thrown, We are looking into it. Please expect an update in next 24-48 hours.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Gisela Zechner on #51564

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you for your answer – I have the BP Classic installed weeks ago. We discussed it already in a post here. View #51337. I assume something went wrong with this installation.

What would happen, if I deinstall the Buddypress 12 and BP Classic and start again with a new installation of BP 12.2?
    As I am still developing the Buddypress I don’t have any activities of members, only a lot of configurations in different Buddypress plugins. What happens with the other plugins I have already configured. Would I have to delete and install them too or can I keep them?

Best wishes
    Gisela

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51574

Hi Gisela,
    1. Removing and installing again will not make much difference.
    If you have BP Classic installed and active, you can access directory pages from Dashboard->Pages screen.

2. The notice is due to our directory tabs caching. I will be releasing an update soon. Please expect the plugin update in 24 hours. There is a space on line 310 which gets printed and is causing the notice for the redirection.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Gisela Zechner on #51579

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you for your answer – believe me, I have BP Classic installed and I have no access to the very first pages even not from Dashboard > Pages.

I assume that something went wrong, when I installed BP Classic. Therefore I mention to remove both BP Classic and Buddypress and start from scratch and to install only BuddyPress 12. without BP Classic. I hope this new installation will not link to the very first pages.

I don’t know, what would happen with the Plugins I have already installed and configured.

Best wishes
    Gisela

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51592

Hi Gisela,
    Yes, if you are unable to see the pages, there may have something gone wrong.

Please upgrade the Member Types pro to 1.5.2 and the notice will be gone.

I will suggest checking the Tools->Site Health to see if it is showing any issue.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Gisela Zechner on #51596

Hi Brajesh,
    Thanks for the upgrade – I’ve installed it – the error message doesn’t appear any more – nevertheless it is not perfect.
    When I am not logged in, it leads to the WP-standard Login Page WP-login.php. I use the woocommerce membership and I have set a content restriction on the buddypress community page.
    When I open other content pages which are restricted by woocommerce membership too the users view the standard information like “you have to register a Membership to see this content”.

The problem, that the menu of BuddyPress Directories in Dashboard > appearance > menu > BuddyPress Directory still links to the very first pages, although they do no more exist and I have no access to them, is ongoing. Therefore I think it would be the best to install BuddyPress again.

Please tell me – when I install the buddypress from scratch – would you advice to remove and reinstall the plugins too or can I keep them?

Best wishes
    Gisela

• Participant
    Gisela Zechner on #51599

Hi Brajesh,

I have uninstalled and installed Buddypress 12.2 and all plugins from the scratch again. There are still entries which should not be here, but they seem not to disturb. It looks like that it works properly.
    When I now want to open a restricted content and I am not logged in I will be forwarded to the page “Members only” with a login form.

Best wishes
    Gisela

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved