BuddyDev

Search

Events Calendar breaking the BuddyBlog cerate/edit page

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Kaloyan Naumov on #31389

Hello,

after installing the Tribe Events Calendar plugin, on an installation with working BuddyBlog + BP Simple Front End Post, The create/edin page is breaking.

For the record, it is a BuddyBoss Platform & Theme installation. Disabling the Events Calendar Plugin resolves the issue.

The conflict happens only on the BP Simple Front End Post – Edit/Create page. The error is:
    Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function Tribe\Events\Views\V2\get_current_screen() in /home/lumnusne/theta.bg/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Views/V2/Hooks.php:402 Stack trace: #0 /home/lumnusne/theta.bg/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(289): Tribe\Events\Views\V2\Hooks->filter_admin_post_thumbnail_html(‘<p class=”hide-…’) #1 (closed) /home/lumnusne/theta.bg/wp-includes/plugin.php(206): WP_Hook->apply_filters(‘<p class=”hide-…’, Array) #2 (closed) /home/lumnusne/theta.bg/wp-admin/includes/post.php(1565): apply_filters(‘admin_post_thum…’, ‘<p class=”hide-…’, 602, ”) #3 (closed) /home/lumnusne/theta.bg/wp-content/plugins/bp-simple-front-end-post/form.php(60): _wp_post_thumbnail_html(”, Object(WP_Post)) #4 (closed) /home/lumnusne/theta.bg/wp-content/plugins/bp-simple-front-end-post/core/classes/class-edit-form.php(303): include(‘/home/lumnusne/…’) #5 (closed) /home/lumnusne/theta.bg/wp-content/plugins/bp-simple-front-end-post/core/classes/class-edit-form.php(261): BPSimpleBlogPostEditForm->load_post_form() #6 /home/lumnusne/th in /home/lumnusne/theta.bg/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Views/V2/Hooks.php on line 402

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31391

Hi Kaloyan,
    Thank you for reporting.

I can see the reason of the issue but this will need fixing in the The Events Calendar, we can not do anything about it.

The issue is happening due to our use of post thumbnail editing/setup feature on the front end. The Events Calendar is hooking to the actions from this.

There are 2 possible solutions:-

1. The events calendar checks for get_current_screen function before using it.
    2. Or we stop using the core markup and create our own markup for updating post thumbnail. I will be doing it in the long run to avoid future issues.

For a current fix, Please suggest the first to events calendar team.

PS:- if you disable post thumbnail feature in BuddyBlog, this error will go away.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kaloyan Naumov on #31393

You have been very helpful, thank you very much!

I’ve enabled the workaround, and it indeed helps. I’ve created a ticket for Events Calendar and provided the information. Hope they will fix their use use – there should be no real reason for their code to run on your page …

Thank you for you help and response speed!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31403

Hi Kaloyan,
    You are welcome.

It is partially our fault too. We are using the function which prints markup in the dashboard. They are using a hook from there and that’s why. They might have done better defensive programming but they can not be blamed for the current code.

I hope they fix it for now and in future, I am looking for a way to allow post thumbnail without calling the admin hooks(may be duplicating the code is a solution).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kaloyan Naumov on #31463
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31479
    This reply has been marked as private.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved