- Dandy Jefferson on January 30, 2017 at 5:05 pm #7148
Thanks for your previous helps and email support. I’m very appreciated about that.
I just have a question that currently, I’m doing the migration work from a lower version of WP and BP to the latest version of WP and BP and also applying a new theme.
Profile Related Plugin:
BP Profile Search: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-profile-search/
What I want to do is to apply the new theme to the site, but keep all User’s profile, activity, groups etc. info as the same as before.
Do you have any suggestions or any recommended process to do that?
Thank you very much.
- Brajesh Singh on January 30, 2017 at 8:46 pm #7149
Thank you for opening the topic.
1. Are you migrating the whole database( user, groups,. posts and all). I will suggest moving the database and using https://github.com/interconnectit/Search-Replace-DB to update the urls. this works great.
2. Or If it is going to be a new install, you can simply export the tables from the first install for user/groups and import them in the new install
Or if all you want is use the new theme, you can simply upgrade the install.
Hope that helps.
PS: if you are trying to merge two different installs, then the above step is not suitable and the approach should be using a plugin to export/import data.
- Dandy Jefferson on January 31, 2017 at 9:21 am #7157
Thanks for your reply.
I think what I want is
1. Upgrade WP and all plugins version;
2. Implement a new theme;
3. Keep all existing user profiles (avatars) and messages.
So, in order to accomplish these three above, can you give me a safer and suitable approach?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.