BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Extended Code for Private Site

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    HansRuedi Keller on #5219

Hi Brajesh,
    Would you please extend the code for Private Sites so that /wp-content/uploads/… is protected as well. It’s important that images in a blog post are hidden (i’m using frontend posting and that way, members think that their images are not recoverable).

Thanks,
    Hans

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5224

Hi Hans,
    Thank you for posting.

To be honest, I will not recommend in going to that direction and I will explain why.

1. If you want to prevent images from being visible to anyone, we can either move images to outside the webroot or use htaccess to disable the webserver rendering it.

2. Once we do the above step, we will need php to read the image file depending on who is accessing them(using some sort of route) and that is highly resource intensive and inefficient.

Even Facebook does not do it. Yes, you can access private media directly if you have access to the correct url.

I will rather recommend file name obfuscation(there are many plugins) and using seo plugins to avoid indexing of media files.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    HansRuedi Keller on #5236

Hi Brajehs,
    Got it. Thanks again for your great support! 🙂
    Hans

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5237

You are most welcome Hans 🙂

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Extended Code for Private Site’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved