BuddyDev

Search

Extended Friendship Request Plugin – add radio buttons

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Steven Brown on #4195

I’m using this great little plugin and wanted to know if it’s possible to add a set of radio buttons underneath the message field?

My use case is this… I want users to be able to select how they know someone (similar to linkedin) for example:

I know this person from: College, University, Previous job, we’re friends, etc

This means that the person receiving the request can see at a glance how someone knows them.

Is it simple to add this kind of functionality?

Thanks

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #4208

Hi Steven,

Thank You for posting. Please download the modified version of plugin from the following url and let me know if it works for you or not.

https://buddydev.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2016/06/buddypress-extended-friendship-request-client.zip

Thank You
    Ravi

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Steven Brown on #4225

Thanks so much Ravi! This works perfectly.

One other quick question…

In the friend request received by the user, is it possible to assign a class to the message and radio button answer so these can be styled differently using css?

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #4259

Hi Steven,

Thank You for your acknowledgement. Yes it can be easily. Please modify the following code of file name “bp-extended-friendship-request.php” on line no. 336
    for message content replace this line

$message = $_POST['friendship_request_message'];

with

$message = '<div class="class-for-message-content">'. $_POST['friendship_request_message'] .'</div>';

and for selected radio button

$message = $message.__(' "Know you from - ', 'bp-ext-friends-request' ).$info[$additional_info].'"';

replace with

$info = '<div class="class-for-selected-radio">'.__(' Know you from - ', 'bp-ext-friends-request' ).$info[$additional_info].'</div>';

$message = $message.$info;

Thank You
    Ravi

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Ravi.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved