BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Extended User Groups Widget : display hidden groups

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Isabelle on #41953

Hi, how to display the hidden groups in the group list of the logged in user? We are using buddypress for a restricted access site (logged in users only) with private and hidden groups. Only private groups are displayed in the widget. Thank you for your reply

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41954

Hi Isabelle,
    Thank you for the question. It seems the plugin may not have the option to display hidden groups. One of our developers will look into it and update you in next 24 hours.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41960

Hello Isabelle,

I have checked the plugin on my end and it is working fine for me. All types of groups are listed in the widget. Please let me know, What are the settings of the widget you are using?. Give it a try with different settings and check whether user hidden groups are listing or not.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Isabelle on #41967

Hi Ravi,
    I already try different settings of the widget but user’s hidden groups are not listing, only private and public.
    Regards
    Isabelle

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41982

Hello Isabelle,

Thank you for the acknowledgment. I will check it again and will update you soon.

Thank you
    Ravi

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41988

Hello Isabelle,

I have checked and found that when the bbPress is active it is applying a CSS rule on hidden groups which causing the issue. Even on Member’s group tab, hidden groups are not showing. Please give it a try after deactivating the bbPress plugin.

Please let me know if hidden groups are showing or not when bbPress is deactivated. Please make sure to clear the cache if you are using any cache plugin.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Isabelle on #42056

Hello Ravi,
    You were right, I disabled the bbpress plugin and the hidden groups show up in the widget. Are you going to update the “Extended User Groups Widget” plugin or do I need to edit a specific file?
    Regards
    Isabelle

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #42073

Hello Isabelle,

Thank you for the acknowledgment. Please use the following CSS rule and then try.

.bp-extended-user-groups-widget-item.hidden {
    display:block;
    }

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Isabelle on #42386

Hi Ravi,
    Thanks for your reply, the CSS rule works well.
    Regards
    Isabelle

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #42389

Hello Isabelle,

Thank you for the acknowledgment. I am glad to help you.

Regards
    Ravi

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Extended User Groups Widget : display hidden groups’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved