BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Extended User Groups Widget

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #5830

Hi Brajesh, I@ve just found this and it is ideal for what I am looking to do on my members profile pages, thanks a lot for having so many great plugins!

However, I would like to ask if it would be possible to change it’s behaviour?

Currently, when a visitor to the user profile looks at the page, the Extended User Groups widget remains hidden, what I would like would be for it to be visible to the guest so that they can check out the groups that user is a member of.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5832

Hi George,
    That is easily doable. I will ask @ravisharma to look into it and reply back.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #5834

Hi George,

I have added a new option to the widget form. Now site admin is able to select whether to show groups of logged in user or displayed profile user groups. For your requirement please select displayed user

You can find the latest code at the following URL.

https://github.com/buddydev/bp-extended-user-groups-widget

Thank You
    Ravi

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Ravi.
  • Participant
    Venutius on #5837

Thanks Ravi, I’ll give it a try later.

• Participant
    Venutius on #5838

I got plugin could not be activated because it generated a fatal error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class BP_Extended_User_Groups_Widget_Helper in /wp-content/plugins/bp-extended-user-groups-widget-master/bp-extended-user-groups-widget.php on line 25

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #5839

Hi George,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Looks you haven’t deleted the old plugin directory “bp-extended-user-groups-widget”. If yes please delete them and try to activate this plugin.

Thank You
    Ravi

• Participant
    Venutius on #5840

No I deleted it before I added this one, but I’ll give it another go

• Participant
    Venutius on #5841

Still getting the same error

• Participant
    Venutius on #5842

Ah, looks like you were right and it had not deleted the old plugin directory, trying again

• Participant
    Venutius on #5843

Yes that works, but you made a change that’s a bit of an issue, now instead of the widget title, it is display membername Groups, I’m running this twice, on for “My Groupd” and one for “Groups I manageĀ£ but now they both display “Membername” Groups, so it makes it a bit nonesensical

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved