BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Facebook like activity settings

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Denna Hunter on #21467

I keep getting this code within the “Your stream” showing under most comments. I had downloaded the Facebook like activity plugin. I also downloaded the bp-editable-activity.

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in
    /home/content/p3pnexwpnas02_data02/94/42328894/html/wp-content/plugins/bp-editable-activity/functions.php on line 17

This is showing under most comments of users. Can someone help? I’m not a coder. Should I deactivate the bp editable activity? Why would the facebook like activity not play well with the bp editable activity, if that is the issue?

Please help. I’m not a coder so my only options are plugins.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21468

Hi Denna,
    Welcome to BuddyDev forums.

Thank you for using the plugins and joining our membership.

It seems the issue is related to setting values. Please visit Dashboard->Settings->BP Editable Activity and make sure that the following option

Allow editing only before the given time

has a numeric value.

The value of this option seems to be the reason for the notice message. Either it is too high(overflowing) or it is non numeric currently.

Please check and try after updating this value.

Let me know if that works or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Denna Hunter on #21469

Perfect. It was set to 10 so I set it to 5 and it seems to have done the trick. Will there be any issues with me have set it to 5 that you can forsee?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21470

Thank you.

It seems the issue was related to default settings not being saved correctly. I will check and make sure the future version of the plugin does not have it.

You can set the value to 10 again if you like(The earlier issue was related to value not being saved). Also using 5 or 10 minutes, both seems reasonable to me.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Denna Hunter on #21471

Can you answer one more question for me? I’m trying to download the community builder but it says installation failed. No valid plugins were found. I’ve uploaded it twice. I would love to have this plugin. Any suggestions?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21472

Hi Denna,
    Sure.

Community Builder is a theme. That’s why you are getting this message. Please install it from Dashboard->Themes->Add New.

PS:- Community Builder 2 is due(delayed and now expected in 2nd week of April), It won’t be compatible with the current version. Just clarifying in advance to let you plan.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Denna Hunter on #21473

You are fantastic! I will wait. If I change the theme, I use WordPress, will it change my entire website theme? Or will I completely destroy what I’ve already built? Sorry for my ignorance.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21474

Thank you for the kind words.
    Changing the theme changes the appearance of site. It should not remove any content but the look and feel will change and may need reconfiguration.

The problem is in Community Builder 2.0, The settings(customizer), theme layout etc have changed a lot and the upcoming theme will need almost redoing the customizer part.

Also, we have dropped the support for current visual Builder( we are supporting Elementor and other visual builders in 2.0 though).

If you build the site using the current visual builder(maximus), We won’t be able to support it in future.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Denna Hunter on #21475

Okay. Thank you so much for your help. Have a wonderful night.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21476

Thank you. Have a wonderful night to you too.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved