BuddyDev

Search

facebook like activity stream

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18260

Hi David,
    I am sorry I forgot to reply.

I and one of our team mates tested the plugin and it is working for directory in all our tests. Can you please use WP Staging plugin, create a staging environment and then on the staging switch to default WordPress theme and check. We need to confirm if it is caused by theme or some other plugin.

Once we know the conflict, I can help you with it.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    David on #18332

Thanks Brajesh,

I tried the code you gave me to redirect to the profile activity stream and pasted into functions in the child theme but it did not work. The theme has a redirect I had set to site wide activity stream and stayed at that redirect. When I removed the redirect to the sitewide activity stream, it went to default which was staying at the page I was already at when logging in. Staying at the page I was at, did not change with the redirect function still in place.

Any thoughts on why this might be?

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18339

Hi David,
    Please change the priority and see if it works.

I mean changing this from

add_filter( 'login_redirect', 'buddydev_redirect_on_login', 101, 3 );

to

add_filter( 'login_redirect', 'buddydev_redirect_on_login', 201, 3 );

If that does not work, are you using any other login/redirect related plugin?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David on #18345

Brajesh,

Still did not work. It seems the child theme’s redirect is probably taking precedence. Theres an option to select a specific page or leave blank and redirect to the same page the person logged in from. It does not however provide an option to redirect to the profile.

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18351

Hi David,
    Will you be able to check the theme and share me the code that it is using for redirect? I am not sure if they using something else.

Does the theme come with a custom login functionality? If you can point me, I can assist quickly.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David on #18377

Hi Brajesh,

The redirect option is part of the theme options. I’m not exactly sure how to get that code from the these for the redirect. I’m able to access theme options from the wordpress dashboard and set redirect to after login and also redirect while not logged in for example.

The login is still the default login from buddypress.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18379

Hi David,
    If you are comfortable providing me either ftp or the access to theme, I can look into it and can quickly provide a solution.

Please let me know if that will be feasible?

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved