BuddyDev

Search

Fatal error from BP Member Types plugin when new members register

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Luca on #49232

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /wp-content/plugins/buddypress-member-types-pro/core/bpmtp-functions.php:354

• Participant
    Luca on #49233

Sorry, I accidentally hit Submit before adding details. Anyway… This just started hapening after we moved to AWS. As far as I know nothing else about our wordpress install has changed. Than you for any suggestions on how to fix it!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49234

Hi Luca,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience.
    It seems you are using an older version of the plugin which could be the cause(may be database change or php version change).

Please let me know if you are using the latest and I will look further into it.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Luca on #49239

Yes it’s an older version… it’s a nonprofit website so we don’t have a lot of funding leeway for upgrading things and I was hoping stuff wouldn’t completely break without a yearly fee. But I can try purchasing a new license for us if you think that would resolve this

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49240

Hi Luca,
    Thank you for the reply.

The issue is we are expecting a string in offset but it is probably not returning.

Is there any chance you have updated BuddyPress recently? If you did, updating member types pro will definitely fix it.

If you did not update BuddyPress recently, there is a chance upgrading may not fix the issue and we might have to look into more details.
    From the error signature, It seems to happen due to updating BuddyPress but not updating member types pro.

PS:- I will be away for 5-6 hours now and will assist further based on your reply after that.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Luca on #49273

… by the way, I got this sort of weird email back from you and I’m not sure if it’s some weird kind of spam or what the link is? It’s just odd because it’s basically repeating The answer you already gave me, but addressed to YOU and signed with MY name, and including some random domain link. The exact email text was:

[Support Note: Message was removed as it was from a spammer the author is referring to]

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Brajesh Singh. Reason: updated
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49279

Hi Luca,
    That was a spammer. We deleted their post and marked them as spam user.
    I am updating you last reply to avoid giving them the link they need.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved