BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Feature image upload

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Alexandre Brunet on #10990

Hi Buddy heroes,

I’m using the front blog post feature and I would like my users to be able to upload a feature picture for their articles but unfortunatly I get an error saying “Cheatin’ uh? Sorry, you are not allowed to edit this item.”

Any clue how to enable this feature for my users ?

Many thanks in advance,

Alex

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #10991

Hi Alex,
    Are you using it with BuddyBlog or Blog Categories for Groups?

• Participant
    Alexandre Brunet on #10992

Hi Brajesh,

Sorry I’m using buddyblog,

Thanks,

Alexandre

• Participant
    Alexandre Brunet on #11282

Hi buddy heroes, I’m following up on this BP Simple Front End plugin Post for two reasons :

First, I found why I was having this cheating uh page. I was just not giving the right rights to the user. I just has to change the capability of my user to the right of publishing to “publish_posts” capability.

Secondly now that I have access to the image uploader I have an issue getting back to the post page. I explain. after clicking the “set image feature” I can upload an image and save it but afterward I’m not automatically sent back to my post page and there is also no “get back to the blog post page” button. I’m stuck on the page. If I launch a new window and go back to my post there is indeed my feature image uploaded.
    Is there a way to automatically going back to my blog post writing page after uploading a feature image ?

Many thanks for your help,

Best,

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11317

Please check for javascript error. It is not the expected behaviour. On selecting the image, It should attach and close the popup.

Can you please provide a demo account.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Alexandre Brunet on #11399
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11482

Hi Alex,
    Thank you.

Either your theme or some plugin is removing thickbox from the front end and that is causing it. We are using WordPress media uploader for settings the featured image and the thickbox is required for the behaviour.

Please try by changing theme/plugins and see if it works.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Alexandre Brunet on #11556

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you for your help, actually Salient support told me to disable page transition option and the problem was solved. It makes the navigation less smooth but it’s working now. Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers,

Alex,

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11580

Hi Alex,
    Thank you.

I am glad it is resolved 🙂

Thank you for updating me.

Cheers,
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Feature image upload’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved