Tagged: Feature picture
- Alexandre Brunet on October 4, 2017 at 4:45 pm #10990
Hi Buddy heroes,
I’m using the front blog post feature and I would like my users to be able to upload a feature picture for their articles but unfortunatly I get an error saying “Cheatin’ uh? Sorry, you are not allowed to edit this item.”
Any clue how to enable this feature for my users ?
Many thanks in advance,
- Brajesh Singh on October 4, 2017 at 4:48 pm #10991
Are you using it with BuddyBlog or Blog Categories for Groups?
- Alexandre Brunet on October 4, 2017 at 5:39 pm #10992
Sorry I’m using buddyblog,
- Alexandre Brunet on October 22, 2017 at 2:31 pm #11282
Hi buddy heroes, I’m following up on this BP Simple Front End plugin Post for two reasons :
First, I found why I was having this cheating uh page. I was just not giving the right rights to the user. I just has to change the capability of my user to the right of publishing to “publish_posts” capability.
Secondly now that I have access to the image uploader I have an issue getting back to the post page. I explain. after clicking the “set image feature” I can upload an image and save it but afterward I’m not automatically sent back to my post page and there is also no “get back to the blog post page” button. I’m stuck on the page. If I launch a new window and go back to my post there is indeed my feature image uploaded.
Is there a way to automatically going back to my blog post writing page after uploading a feature image ?
Many thanks for your help,
- This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Alexandre Brunet.
- Brajesh Singh on October 26, 2017 at 12:28 pm #11317
Can you please provide a demo account.
- Alexandre Brunet on October 29, 2017 at 2:07 pm #11399This reply has been marked as private.
- Brajesh Singh on October 30, 2017 at 1:34 pm #11482
Either your theme or some plugin is removing thickbox from the front end and that is causing it. We are using WordPress media uploader for settings the featured image and the thickbox is required for the behaviour.
Please try by changing theme/plugins and see if it works.
- Alexandre Brunet on November 5, 2017 at 12:18 pm #11556
Thank you for your help, actually Salient support told me to disable page transition option and the problem was solved. It makes the navigation less smooth but it’s working now. Thank you very much for your help.
- Brajesh Singh on November 6, 2017 at 9:51 pm #11580
I am glad it is resolved 🙂
Thank you for updating me.
The topic ‘ [Resolved] Feature image upload’ is closed to new replies.