BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Feature Request: Time-based Member Types

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Mike (DesignServe) on #23805

It would be great if you could add time-based member types. That would link perfectly with the badges plugin.

For example:

When joining, the user becomes a “New Member” (which gives them a new member badge), which expires after 30 days.

After being a member for a year, the user becomes a “One Year” member (and gets a “1 Year” badge)… gets a new badge every year.

I.e. a set amount of time triggers the user to be added to, or removed from, a Member Type.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23851

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for the idea.

I believe we leave the time management to membership plugins. We have member type integration with almost all major membership plugins(memberpress support is coming on this Saturday).
    A membership plugin can trigger member type change and the badges and other things get changed.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #23970

Thanks Brajesh,

I’m using wp download manager for memberships and it doesn’t have these sort of time-based triggers at the moment. I don’t want to buy a membership plugin to trigger a few simple things. Do you think it would be possible to run a cron job once a day to trigger Member Type changes?

What I would be looking for is:

– Add user to “New Member” on registration.
    – Remove user from “New Member” after 30 days (or 60 days etc).
    – Add all Members to “1 Year” (2, 3, 4, 5 years etc), when they have been a member for that many years.

I’m not asking you to do it, just asking if it is feasible or alternative advice?

Many thanks,
    Mike

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24036

Hi Mike,
    Thank you.

We need some kind of membership option that controls time(for example after 30 days the member ship expires or 60 days it expires).

We can use the membership to trigger change.

I am not sure as I do not use wp download manager, does it provide any membership system? If yes, we can look into it and check if we can integrate it with the member types pro.

PS:- We will have a membership plugins this year.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #24112

Hi Brajesh,

Yes WPDM does have time-based member expiry. I won’t bother you further with this topic right now, we can look at it later… and maybe I’ll just wait for your membership plugin anyway 🙂

Thanks,
    Mike

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24127

Thank you Mike.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved