BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Featured members / Own slug

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Sandrine ZAPPA on #31743

Hi The Team,

I use the Featured members and i relize it has not his own slug.
    My all members page is https://www.ecocampeurs.com/membres/
    and my Featured members page is too https://www.ecocampeurs.com/membres/

Where can i add a proper slug to Feature members please ?

Thanks a lot.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31758

Hi Sandrine,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

The tab on members directory does not link to any page. The reason is the featured members does not have a specific page associated with it.

If you want to create a page with featured members, please use the shortcode from here

https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-featured-members/#shortcode

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Sandrine ZAPPA on #31769

Hi Brajesh,

I love that plugin and it’ll help me to promote the professional members I choose.

I realize there are some issues. Please, let me explain :

1) TITLE FEATURED MEMBERS
    When i add too the bp-map members, the featured members name keep the same name : CARTE
    When i deactivate bp-map-members, Featured membres keep is own name MEMBERS PREMIUM.
    Is there a possibility to fix the title name of the plugin ?

https://snipboard.io/cF2jh4.jpg

The CARTE to the left is bp-map members the CARTE in yellow is Featured members. I can really see the featured members card, it’s just the title which become wrong.

2) PAGE / SHORTCODE / VISUAL
    The other thing i’d like to speak with you is about the slug. I understand what you say : i can add a page with shortcode.
    I tried that but the rendering i not the same. Please take a look :
    image.png

It doesn’t seem like the first screenshot, where the plugin is in Members modul.

https://snipboard.io/EsL50O.jpg

3) BUTTON FOLLOW / WIDGET
    It doesn’t work. Please have you got an idea to fix it ?

Thanks a lot for coming back to me about those 3 points please.

Cordialement,

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31780

Hi Sandrine,
    Thank you for the reply.

1. I believe the map plugin is taking over tabs. We are unable to do anything about it(we may be able to change the order by setting higher priority of tabs if that helps).

2. It seems you are using BuddyBoss theme. Please allow me next 3-4 working days, we will make sure it looks great with the theme and platform.

3. Not sure at the moment. Will need to test with the BuddyBoss theme and will let you know fi we can make it work for widget.

Regards
    B

• Participant
    Sandrine ZAPPA on #31784

Hi Brajesh,

Yes, you can come back to me in few days to tell me if it works better. The website is ready to be on line, i wait for your last corrections.

If the following button doesn’t work will you be abble to raise the button in the widget ?
    Because the others functions : ask someone as friend and message, are working great.

I wait to hear from you.
    Thank you very much.

Sandrine

• Participant
    Sandrine ZAPPA on #31847

Hi Brajesh,

I hope you’re fine today ! Sorry to come back to you but i active the website really soon and i search answers.

Please, about the point 1) i dont’ mind you to change the order by setting higher priority of tabs for the Featured Members Title to be stronger that the Bp map for members. (Featured members keeps the Bp map for members’ name ! so i’ve got 2 same titles for the 2 plugins)

Would you try to do what you proposed to me please ? Or perhaps could we fix the name in the code (i’d need too your help if you choose that)

I really really love your plugin and i really would like to solve that issue 😀

For the point 3), is that possible to delete the FOLLOW button which doesn’t work ? I don’t really need it and as it doesn’t work I don’t mind it to disappear for the moment.

Thanks a lot,

Sandrine

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31861

Hi Sandrine,

Thank you for the reply.

1. For now, Please add the following css to hide follow inside the featured members widget

.bp-featured-members-widget .follow-container {
        display: none;
    }

2. For changing the orser, It might have effect on other plugins. So, I will recommend editing on your site.

Please change this line
    https://github.com/buddydev/bp-featured-members/blob/master/core/class-featured-members-template-helper.php#L22

from

add_action( 'bp_members_directory_member_types', array( $this, 'directory_tab' ) );

to

add_action( 'bp_members_directory_member_types', array( $this, 'directory_tab' ), 0 );

Let me know if it change the order or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Sandrine ZAPPA on #31864

i Brajesh,

And thank you for your answer.

According to the first point, thanks a lot, that works, the follow button has disappeared.

For the point 2, unfortunately that doesn’t work, that create a critical error : syntax error, unexpected ‘&’

Could you see that please ?

I wish you a great day and I wait for your answer.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31866

Hi Sandrine,
    Thank you for the reply.

Please make sure you did not use the code fro forum notification mail. The code gets entity encoded and that gives the error you are facing.

Please copy it from the forum post here and it will work.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Sandrine ZAPPA on #31869

Hi Brajesh,

Ooh excuse me, i think i made a mistake this morning.
    I just tried again and it works very great.

I thank you very much for your help you are formidable !

I wish you a great day,

Cheers.

Sandrine

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Featured members / Own slug’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved