BuddyDev

Search

Featured Members posts

• Participant
    Level: Master
    JohnnyNW on #29097

Hello. I love using Featured Members plugin – but is there any way to show a page dedicated to showing random Feature Members posts?

I have website setup to show random posts, and categories (archive) pages to shows random posts of any categories selected (random is very important), but uncertain if the Featured Members plugin can do this or code could be created to perform this?

Thank you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29103

Hi JJ,
    Thank you for the question.

no, It is not feasible currently. The scope of the plugin is limited to users list only.

You can use the API to get a list of featured members and work around WP_Query to create the list.

regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    andyux on #29114

Hey there. My featured members plugin “follow” is unresponsive. Using buddyboss theme and platform, logged in, sunscriber and admin alike.

https://share.getcloudapp.com/kpuLYW7A

thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29117

Hi @andyux,

Please open a new topic. There should not be any such button. If it is appearing with BuddyBoss, we will be glad to troubleshoot and remove.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #29122

That’s too bad. I was hoping, when Feature Member is selected, it could update their role, which could reflect extra privileges established for that role.

Thanks for responding, and take care.

JJ

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29134

Hi JJ,
    If your goal is to change role as a user on being marked featured, It is still doable. Let me know the role you want to update on being marked featured and also the role that should be assigned when removed from featured list.
    I will provide some custom code for the same.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #29183

Actually, what I would love, if even remotely possible, is to have those that are Feature Members, their posts can go on a page of just posts by Featured Members.

Most members are not Featured, but it would be nice to have Featured Members posts automatically populate a page with Featured Members posts (and a widget with Featured Members posts).

But that’s what I really would like to have Featured Members plugin do.

I know it probably asking way too much, but that would be awesome if plugin did that.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29191

Hi JJ,
    Thank you for the details.

I do understand your case but that is way beyond the scope of this plugin.

The plugin provides the basic functionality of featuring/un-featureing members and getting the list of featured members(ids if needed). We believe that any further customizations can be achieved by custm code.

PS:- which theme are you using?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #29248

Hello, again.

I’m using Kleo. Yeah, I suspected that was a bit of a reach.

Making Featured Members plugin free is cool, but then having add-ons i.e. Featured Members Post Widget plugin for $X, or say Featured Members Post Page plugin for $Y, or say Featured Members Roles plugin for $Z, or…well, that would be very cool.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved