BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] featured members short code not filtering

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    adam gibbs on #33177

Hi I’ve tried to enter some short code to display filtered featured members. However, I can’t get it to display the type I want.

I have members marked as featured in the particular type I wish to filter. All spelling matches and caps all same, basically as is listed in users list.

Any ideas where I could be going wrong? Cheers

Here’s what I have…

[bp-featured-members member_type='Fan'] Displays error message,’Sorry, no members were found.’

[bp-featured-members] Displays all featured members

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33197

Hi Adam,
    Thank you for using the plugin.
    It seems you are using member type label in the shortcode and not the name.

You should use the “Unique Name” that you specify the plugin.

https://i.imgur.com/DpSTcal.png

Please give it a try.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    adam gibbs on #33202

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for your reply, I’ve had a little play.

I’ve changed the member type to all the others in my list then tried them one at a time. All of which worked. So, I switch users and member types, and member_type=’Fan’ worked when assigned to a different user. I switched back to the intial user and member_type=’Fan’ didn’t work again. I changed this initial user to a different member type and again didn’t work.

So there is something odd with that particular user. I’ve compared them with others; roles, permissions etc and nothing sticks out as being out of the ordniary.

I have noticed, where I had once installed Ultimate Member that there are still some traces left, additional pages, and tables left in db. Even though it has been uninstalled and deleted – maybe UM has knocked something out of wack?

I am using a testing site however, so I can always delete the user.

Love the plugin and themes btw!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33222

Hi Adam,
    Thank you.

Is there any chance you have some code or plugin that excludes that specific user?

I do not see nay other reason. Since you deactivate UM, It will have no effect.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    adam gibbs on #33311

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for your inout, I shall investigate and hopefully come up with something and let you know.

Regards,

Adam

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33315

Thank you Adam.
    I look forward to your feedback.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    adam gibbs on #33390

Still no idea, why this particular user won’t show when using the short code as previously dicussed but I’m pretty sure it’s a databse thing, something along the line has duplicated or being erased. As it’s a testing site I’m not too fussed but I’m the sort of person who doesn’t like broken things broke – it will probably come to me when I’m not looking for a reason.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33410

Hi Adam,
    No issues. if you ever find about it, Please do let me know.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    adam gibbs on #33425

OK, so I had another look through my db and STILL found traces of ultimate member data. After deleting one by one I tested the [bp-featured-members member_type=’fan’] with the troublesome user and it worked. I changed the user roles and re-tested and it worked.

Thanks for your patience, I think we can say case closed on this one.

Regards,

A

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33451

Hi Adam,
    That’s strange but good to know. I am glad you have resolved it.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] featured members short code not filtering’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved