BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Features from demo not working on my site

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Jeremy on #24678

Ok, I’m giving mediapress another shot because having videos play on my feed is important to me. I looked at the mediapress demo site, and it does allow posted videos to show and play… awesome. Reactivated the plugin in my site.. it doesn’t work. When I click the grey media icons, no options show up.. when I post a link to youtube.. it just posts the link..

What am I doing wrong?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24679

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for giving it another try.

The youtube videos are embedded using oembed. It is same way the videos are embedded in normal posts.

Can you please check if you add the same video to your post content, does it work?

Please let me know and I will assist.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jeremy on #24690

I tried just posting the youtube link to my buddypress feed, just like when I tried the demo, and it just posts the text link. No video.

Also, in the demo, when I would press the grey media icons, action would happen. Menus would appear, etc. When I click the grey buttons on my site. It doesn’t do anything. If you would like, I can send you a testing account so you can see.

• Participant
    Jeremy on #24691

I just disabled everything except buddypress and media press. Although the grey buttons are reactive, the youtube video posting is not.. I havnt narrowed down what the problem is.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24693

Hi Jeremy,
    Please share the link and credentials. I can check quickly and assist.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jeremy on #24729
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24731

Hi Jeremy,
    Thank you for the details.

The problem does not seems to come from MediaPress. It is something else on your site. try disabling MediaPress and posting to the feed. Does that work?

Oembed is a native feature of WordPress
    https://wordpress.org/support/article/embeds/

and BuddyPress supports it in the activity feed.

MediaPress uses the WordPress oembed API to integrate the remote video. When I tried adding a video, I am getting the error “Sorry, can not add the url.”

That means the oembed fetch is not returning result. My suggestion is to disable all plugins(including MediaPress) and start by verifying that Oembed works on your site.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jeremy on #24786

Even with only buddypress installed when I post a video it only has a text link..

• Participant
    Jeremy on #24787

Problem is fixed. I asked the the hosting company if OEmbed was enabled.. they said by default it wasn’t.. but they activated it and it works.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24790

Thank you for sharing the update. I am glad it is resolved.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved