BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Fields do not appear on signup page, Profile fields or Messages can't be edited

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #27209

H Brajesh, experiencing a nightmare right now with BuddyPress, so I hope you kan give me a clue what is going on here.

1. Some fields, the Birth date selector and a drop down select box in the Primary group, are not displayed in the Signup Page. (* Fields in this group appear on the signup page.) I have tried to recreate these fields with new ID’s, but with same result. Some other Drop Down Select boxes are present.

2. Profile fields can’t be edited, it returns to the latest saved data.

3. Messages can’t be deleted, starmarked, marked as read/unread.

I have deactivated all plugins than BuddyPress, turned of cache plugin, deleted cache in browsers, deactivated all customized code in functions.php and bp-custom.php, plus CSS, but still the same result. BP Tools and permalinks have all been updated.

I can’t say when the issues started, but the only clue could be the late BP update. I would like to revert to the version before, and I have been looking for an older version but can’t find where to download this?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27210

Hi Carsten,
    I am sorry to hear about your issue. The current upgrade from 5.1.1 to 5.1.2 can not cause it as the only change is on a rest api context parameter.

May be the upgrade did not work. Try deleting BuddyPress and re-installing it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #27216

Hi Brajesh, I just did, but no luck, thanks anyway.

If anyone in here have experienced the same issue, please let me know.

Regards
    Carsten

• Participant
    calu on #27217

The issues might be connected to LiteSpeed Cache, even when deactivated, as it has caused several similar issues in BP.

• Participant
    calu on #27227

Issue 1. is solved, it turned out to be a CSS issue after all.

Issues 2 & 3 remain.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27238

Hi Carsten,
    I am glad you resolved 1.

For 2/3 check your error log and see if you can fine any error. They should point us in the right direction.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #27285

Hi Brajesh, I think that I finally located the issues 2 and 3 to Jetpack’s site accelerator. With this turned off the saving issues are gone.

It seams like Jetpack is causing several issues in BP, like the Lazy load option, which conflicts with the profile image crop tool.

The question is: is Jetpack doing anything good for my site?

Regards
    Carsten

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by calu.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by calu.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27290

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for sharing the reason.

Yes, lazy load plugins are known to have conflict with avatar cropping/changing.

About Jetpack:- If I get a say, I will not use it. It might be good for some use cases but you won’t be using most of its functionality and you can find the lighter alternatives already. Also, Whenever I tried it(not recently), It slowed the site a lot.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved