BuddyDev

Search

Filter BuddyBoss Groups directory from URL mydomain.com/groups/type/grouptype/

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Mark Winstein on #41970

BuddyBoss allows use of the URL structure mydomain.com/groups/type/grouptype/, but the URL does not produce any result on the Groups directory, just an empty directory.

I would like to have a code snippet or plugin that leverages BuddyBoss’s existing Group Type features to display a Group Directory filtered by Group Type from the above URL structure.

I would be happy to do this as a paid project. My contacts to you on the paid inquiry page are not getting responses so posting here, too.

Thanks!!!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41972

Hi Mark,
    Thank you for the question.

What you are looking for is the expected behaviour of BuddyPress/BuddyBoss. If the theme is not showing the list of groups, It is a bug. Either a theme bug or some plugin conflict.

If you are using BuddyBoss theme, My suggestion will be to approach them to fix it.

PS:- I am sorry if we missed your project request. Please provide me your email in the private reply. I will look through it.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mark Winstein on #41977

Hi Brajesh,

I thought that and recently raise the issue to senior support at BB and they said they don’t have that feature. Another buddypress dev said the same about buddypress.

Could you please send me a screencast showing the Type filter display working in BuddyBoss or at least Buddypress that I could send back to a BB senior tech I know?

Thanks again,
    Mark

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41978

Hi Mark,

Please have a look at the directory example for BuddyPress
    https://i.ibb.co/gdWrqnP/buddypress-group-types-directory.png

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mark Winstein on #41997

Thank you Brajesh. That was helpful. But I still am not clear on what to expect for BuddyBoss…

Can you demonstrate the same result in BuddyBoss?

I tried running BuddyBoss with no other plugins and I still can’t make it work. So I still can’t tell if it’s a bug or if BuddyBoss just didn’t include that feature from BuddyPress.

What do you think?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #42004

Hi Mark,
    You are welcome.

Please take a look.

https://i.ibb.co/bRddcPX/bb-group-types-dir.png

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mark Winstein on #42008

Hi Brajesh,

That’s impressive! On my staging site, I deactivated all plugins except BuddyBoss and the BuddyBoss theme. All are the latest versions.

Switching to the default WordPress theme didn’t help.
    Running the BuddyBoss theme from the main theme instead of child didn’t help.
    Adding back BuddyBoss Pro didn’t help.

I’m on a Cloudways server. Since we now know that my desired result works in your case, what do you recommend I do to troubleshoot it for my case? Could it be a server issue? Is this something you can solve for me?

Yours,
    Mark

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #42020

Hi Mark,

I am sorry, I do do not think that server is any issue. That would be a bug in BuddyBoss platform if that really happened.

I will suggest asking BuddyBoss support to look into it and assist you. If they don’t, I will be happy to look into your site and check the settings for the same next week.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mark Winstein on #42024

Thank you Brajesh. I sent your latest image to BuddyBoss. They said they are sending it back up the ladder to their dev team. I will wait for their response and let you know.

Yours truly,
    Mark

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #42025

Thank you Mark.
    I hope that they are able to assist. Please feel free to ping me anytime next week and I will be glad to look into the site.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved