BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Filter out groups from FB-liake user activity stream

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    ljmac on #4310

Hi Brajesh,

I’m already using your filter to combine both friends and following, and it works perfectly. Now I would like another one to filter out non-self/friend/following group activity – in other words, I only want it to filter by user scope, so it ignores group updates that don’t relate to the user (but still includes group updates that ARE related to them). What function can I use to do this?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4342

Hi Lee,
    I will post the code tonight or tomorrow. In that case you will not need the FB Like Activity plugin.

• Participant
    ljmac on #4344

I probably should stress that I am talking about the “My Stream” in FB-Like User Activity Stream (although I’ve renamed it “News Feed” as per Facebook).

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4345

Thank you for clarifying 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4409

Hi Lee,
    Just updating. I wrote the whole new plugin today and was about to upload when I realized that you are on 1.8 and the new needs 2.0.

I will take a little time more to update the FB Like to work as you expected and release the new one with BP 2.0+ compatibility some other day.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4417

Hi Lee,
    Please upgrade to 1.1.7. It includes native support for friends/followres/following all. Please remove the old code you are using for followres

To disable including groups, you can put the following code

add_filter( 'fblike_activity_include_groups', '__return_false' );

There are now filters available to enable/disable friends/followers/following too. by default, the Followers are not included by the user’s whom the current user following is included.

If you want to enable even including followers, you can add the following line

add_filter( 'fblike_activity_include_followers', '__return_true' );

Hope that helps.

PS: Spam is fixed too.

• Participant
    ljmac on #4418

Thanks Brajesh, that’s totally awesome! Thanks for keeping this release BP 1.8 compatible. 🙂

• Participant
    ljmac on #4419

I confirm that friends plus following support now works out of the box, and there are no errors with BP 1.8. Thank you so much Brajesh!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4423

Thank you for confirming Lee. It is always a pleasure to help 🙂

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Filter out groups from FB-liake user activity stream’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved